|Published||June 22, 2022|
Position: Scrum Master
Location: Atlanta, GA (REMOTE)
Summary of Job:
The Scrum Mater will be responsible for crafting detailed workplans, balancing resources, maintaining project updates, and communicating to stakeholders on progress against the roadmap. It is a position that is important and unique for it faces both internal business clients and technology professionals assisting with implementing tools and processes to achieve viable, appropriate, and sometimes market leading solutions to business strategies. The Scrum Master will facilitate delivery and collaboration as a servant leader for one or more squads.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drive the on-schedule completion of deliverables in accordance with the Program Roadmap
- Own the Sprint plan and milestones/deliverables and contribute to program-wide Roadmap/PI plan
- Create and publish Scrum framework artifacts and metrics
- Manage cross-Squad dependencies in collaboration with the Program Manager/RTE
- Guide and coach the team and organization in the understanding of agile principles and values and the use of the Scrum framework
- Contribute to Project Governance and Budget management by owning Squad-level budgets and actuals monitoring
- Facilitate effective execution of Squad-level Scrum events (sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint review/demo, retrospective, standups)
- Work with Product Owner to ensure effective product backlog refinement
- Build a trustful, safe work environment based on openness and transparency
- Proactively protect the team from external distractions
- Guide and coach team discussions, decision making, conflict resolution, and working agreements
- Guide and coach continuous improvement of solutions and delivery processes
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Scrum Master/Coach with over 3 years’ experience working in HR systems environment (project management skills also preferred).
- Experienced implementing Workday HCM or other HCM SaaS solution preferred.
- Experienced engaging with business partners, establishing project schedule, and leading technical discussions.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll domain is desired but not mandatory.
- Knowledgeable of various SaaS solutions in the HR/Payroll space and Commercial Off the Shell (COTS) solutions
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Familiarity with JIRA and scaled Agile.
- Expertise in MS Office, including MS Visio. Must also possess the ability to produce high level Executive Presentations.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Proven record of successfully managing within a complex task, schedule-sensitive, and fast-paced environment. Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lead project team in documenting current state and developing future state processes, using tools such as process mapping, statistical analysis and other process improvement tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-directed, able to work in a team and independently with minimal direction.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Certifications in project management a plus
- Certifications as a Scrum Master a plus.