|Published||July 13, 2022|
As a Scrum Master at Delta Air Lines, you will work closely with delivery teams, release management, business partners, and other parts of the organization including senior level leadership to ensure effective software delivery based upon defined agile values & principles. The goal of each Scrum Master is to a servant leader to the team. They are also someone who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people.
- Responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings.
- Increase team efficiency and predictability
- Motivate teams to be successful
- Working for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness.
- Ensuring observance of DoD (Definition of done)
- Abide by Delta's agile frameworks (i.e., SAFe, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, LeSS, or Nexus etc.).
- Partner with Agile Coaches and other Scrum Masters across portfolios to lead continuous improvement opportunities with agile transformation.
- Bring disclosure and transparency throughout all levels of the enterprise to help foster trust
- Responsible for the growth and development of new and existing Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Program Managers, delivery teams and agile release trains while they transition to agile and as they apply best practices through continuous improvement.
- Mentor and guide multiple teams on a day-to-day basis including program and portfolio levels roles such as Epic Owners
- Helps identify organizational impediments to successful agile transformation and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Ensure Lean-Agile concepts and principles are utilized
- Coordinate dependencies between teams, release trains, Centers of Excellence including other areas. Clearly marking the upstream downstream dependencies, risks & issues along with the sprint alinements with the cross functional team!
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Deep understanding of more than one Agile flavor such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Nexus, DevOps, SAFe, etc.
- Experience with relevant Agile tools for managing work (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Version One, Rally etc.) and understanding and believe that tools are enablers to agile whilst also using information radiators
- Experienced and skilled at teaching technical teams' agile concepts, principles, frameworks, practices and methodologies
- Significant experience facilitating agile meetings and ceremonies involving the customer and key stakeholders, from initial backlog creation through successful release
- A detail-oriented disposition and clear concise communication skills are a must.
- Must be results oriented and capable of meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines with attention to detail and highest quality results.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - group dynamics and coaching.
- Not afraid to raise issues and remove impediments from your team and/or the organization.
- Value continuous learning and improving.
- Familiarity and experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent synthesizing and organization skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are key to this position.
- This role requires a mastery of understanding of Lean - Agile values, principles and practices and candidates must be open to learning additional thinking. The candidate must be will willing to obtain an in-depth understanding of the organization's technology portfolio. The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in previous work situations.
- Certified in one or more of the following: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP), SAFe 4.5 or other related agile certifications from a reputable organization.
- Experience with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, DevOps etc.)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Scrum Master is Nice to have but not a must.
- provided by Dice