|Published||July 20, 2022|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Job Type||Contract to Hire|
Signature Consultants is seeking a Scrum Master for an opportunity with a client located in San Francisco, CA.
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives
- Minimum of 8 years of experience leading IT projects
- Over 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand Agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Must work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum
- Deep working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years' experience required (could be as Project Manager and/or Scrum Master)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.