|Published||July 25, 2022|
Scrum Master – Remote/Newark, NJ
**Please note, this is a remote role, but the successful Scrum Master will need to be in Newark, NJ for a week each quarter.
12-month assignment – Local Candidates only, please
If interested in discussing the details, please call Rita or email
SAFE/Scale/Agile experience mandatory. Team has a number of release train engineers, and they are looking for someone that can work in that type of environment.
Currently our client has 20 trains, and all those trains have multiple teams of 5-10 people. Teams need to understand each other. Being able to work in that type of environment is critical.
Experienced in PI planning, and has conducted at least 2/3 planning sessions/ceremonies at train level
Scrum Master Certified preferred but not a must
Excellent communication, coaching skills
Remote, but Scrum Master must attend PI meetings quarterly in Newark, NJ
The Senior Specialist, Scrum Master working closely with their team and the Release Train Engineer (RTE) will be a servant leader and a coach for Agile teams. Their goal will be to educate the teams on Agile principles and best practices, help them maximize their productivity and self-organize to achieve committed Program Increment objectives.
Day to day accountabilities will include:
- Candidates with SAFE experience required.
- Demonstrate and encourage an Agile mindset while coaching the team on Agile principles and best practices
- Plan and facilitate team ceremonies including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demo, and retrospectives
- Coach and support the Product Owner to effectively manage the backlog and maximize business value
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Help manage risks, raise impediments, and facilitate their resolution
- Lead team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques
- Represent the team at the Scrum-of-Scrum (SoS), collaborate with the RTE and other Scum Masters to ensure execution alignment within the program
- Participate in Scrum Master Communities of Practices (CoP) to learn from and share experiences and apply learnings to improve team performance and grow within the role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role required
- Adept at story writing, estimation, refinement, and other Scrum techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills to partner and interact with technical and business stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, analytical, problem-solving skills, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Highly organized and motivated
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and be a change agent for the team
- Experience using Jira and Miro or similar tools preferred
- Scrum Master certification a plus
- provided by Dice