|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Scrum Master V for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY.
- Identifies dependencies, manages conflicts, and drives success of individual sprints, as well as the overall product.
- Expert knowledge of agile practices, principles, and frameworks.
- Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum or other frameworks across the organization.
- Ensures that the Scrum team is fully functional and productive by ensuring that the product road map and release plan are developed based on the priorities set by the Product Owner and input from the team.
- Directs the work of Scrum team members and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, release schedule, and various dependencies.
- Addresses and escalates issues, impediments, and roadblocks.
- Communicates regularly with necessary stakeholders.
- Facilitates and/or ensures Agile Scrum Events are conducted and embraced to drive agile delivery following Product Delivery Lifecycle (PDLC); secures agile team working agreements, Definition of Ready, Definition of Done.
- Promote a trusting and safe team environment where all team members can raise problems and issues without fear.
- Identify risks and facilitate team efforts to mitigate impact.
- Understand and can teach the value around metrics that help teams grow and course correct team maturity, customer satisfaction, burndown charts and team velocity.
- Participate and evangelize the Agile Community of Practice. Participate in the appropriate Scrum of Scrums, as relevant, and Scrum Masters Forum.
- Mentors other Scrum Masters in the organization. Coach stakeholders and other leaders outside of the teams on the most effective ways to interact and get value from the teams.
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood and practiced.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, project management, business administration, or information technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
- Requires at least 5 years of relevant experience preferably as a Scrum Master.
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Mentors and coaches other Scrum Masters in the organization.
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) and other related certifications preferred.
- Experience using Azure DevOps, JIRA is a strong plus Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, project management, business administration, or information technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required; Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM), CSP-SM and other related certifications preferred.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com .