|Published||September 2, 2022|
|Location||Newport Beach, CA|
Our client in the Insurance industry is currently seeking a Scrum Master.
The Scrum Master who understands how the Scrum framework can enable agility within a team, is passionate about Agile, has the right mindset and is interested in helping to transform IT service areas to a new way of partnering with their customers and delivering value quicker. We are looking for a motivated individual that has the experience and overall aptitude in the areas listed below.
Duration: 6-month contract
Hourly Rate: $60 - $63/hr. W2 (Not open to 1099/C2C)
- Facilitate and lead Agile events with the goal of delivering customer value and fostering continuous improvement amongst the team and the department
- Promote communication and collaboration to build consensus for achievement
- Identify and help remove impediments / distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver the sprint goal
- Empower teams and facilitate creativity while guarding quality and monitoring progress * Provide team with resources, information, communication, and practical advice to enable the team to regularly deliver working software, systems and capabilities to customers
- Support team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition * Ensure team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and achieves this through techniques such as user story mapping and definition of ready / done.
- Proactively manage cross-product team dependencies
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs * Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to achieve the desired mindset
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Enforces the values and principles of Agile by focusing on continuous learning and feedback loops
- Supporting the Product Owner, advocating on their behalf and championing the goals and value delivered along the roadmap:
- Understand and be able to articulate strategic and product plan goals and progress towards them
- Supports Product Owner ensuring the product backlog is properly refined - prioritizing to maximize value and using creative techniques for elaborating user stories to be ready for the upcoming 1-2 sprints.
- Assisting and supporting the Product Owner and Team to continually improve the business value delivered
- Supporting the organization's Agile journey with the focus on promoting, educating and evangelizing:
- Work with one or more scrum teams to educate them and promote Agile practices while acting as a Servant Leader
- Foster and encourage conversations and collaboration amongst scrum team(s), Product Owner(s), practice areas and potentially Project Managers on the efficient delivery of product increments through self-organized teams
- Disseminate relevant information to the team, stakeholders, leadership and the PMO as needed. Examples include the tracking and communication of team velocity and sprint / release progress
- Work with other Scrum Masters and practice leaders to recommend improvements, assist in rolling out changes made to the practice and support the buildout of a continuous process improvement focused organization. * Evangelize and educate the organization on differences and benefits of an Agile mindset, Scrum framework and other techniques required to move the organization forward
- Participate in the agile community both internal to Corporate IT and external with other practitioners
- Senior level equivalent expertise in any technical discipline is desirable
- Bachelor of Science degree in any Technical, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent level experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Industry certification preferred
- Experience as a Scrum Master for IT teams preferred or equivalent track record of applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory in a product centric organization
- Advanced understanding and a toolbox of Agile practices such as: retrospectives, daily standups, sprint planning, burn down techniques
- Experience within a multi-team organization is desirable
- Ability to collaborate and exercise influence without authority
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches (XP, Kanban, Lean) and familiarity with scaled agile (SAFe, LeSS, DaD, FLEX).
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile/DevOps techniques: User Stories, ATDD, UTDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Agile Games
- Experience with Azure DevOps preferred, but other Agile team tools such as Jira, Trello, or VSTS is acceptable.
- Experience with Power BI reporting preferred.
- Experience with Power Automate is desirable.
- Participation in industry agile communities of practice desired
- Must have hands on experience successfully facilitating and leading Agile teams
Nice To Have
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Power BI a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.