|Published||September 7, 2022|
Title: Scrum Master
Location: Indianapolis, IN (Hybrid / Remote)
Duration: Full-time / perm
- Serve as a Scrum Master for a data team on Data & Analytics ART.
- Experience in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is required.
- Assist in overall PI/Iteration planning and ensure cross-team dependencies are well-understood and modeled in roadmaps and timelines.
- Identify, document, and publish risks and issues related to the overall Program Increment and to define resolution paths where required.
- Resolve cross-team impediments and blocking issues.
- Collect and consolidate cross-team metrics for delivery to stakeholders and executive management.
- Schedule and conduct meetings and ceremonies in accordance with best practices for Agile/Scrum.
- Responsible for building team collaboration, commitment towards achieving sprint objectives and viewing team needs above everything else.
- Continuously work to improve team performance and productivity:
- Encourage team accountability, self-organization, and empowerment.
- Share common Agile practices.
- Promote and support the development team’s automated processes.
- Facilitate Retrospectives which generate new ideas for process improvement.
- Maintain relevant metrics that guide the development team to more efficient processes in their work and in satisfying their Product Owner and stakeholders.
- Maintain effective information radiators that aid transparency and encourage clear communication between the development team, the Product Owner, and stakeholders.
- Active participant in the BC forward SAFe ART CoP to share and learn new agile concepts.
- Coaching the Product Owner in best practices related to SAFe and Scrum.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a technical or business-related field or equivalent years of experience
- A SAFe Scrum Master Certification.
- 2+ years or more in a Scrum Master role.
- Demonstrated 5+ yrs of experience in delivering products and solutions.
- Technical knowledge of various data ideas and concepts is preferred.
- Experience as a Scrum Master within enterprise scale SDLC environments.
- Subject matter expert of Scrum in addition to extensive knowledge of other Agile development approaches and practices.
- Experience with Jira project management tool and implementation of best practices in Agile tools and workflows.
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, Release Train Engineers, and Senior Management.
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills – must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution.
- Effective influencer, able to work upward and across teams to build rapport and partner with others to solve common problems.
- High level of personal accountability, as evidenced by their commitment, resilience, ownership, and mindset toward continuous learning.
- Continual improvement - must be constantly growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques, and sharing these within and among teams.
- Assertive – must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls.
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to technical discussions.
- High motivation and drive to help the ART and various teams to excel and deliver based on commitments and timelines.
- Understand that their role in the organization is broader than the details included in this job description.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with diverse personality types.