|Published||September 15, 2022|
Have you heard of CGI? We are one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow! As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 86,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master. We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Scrum Master to join our growing team. In support of DHS's Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program, the Scrum Master will support a fast-paced development and implementation project using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to deliver cyber capabilities to a group of small Federal agencies. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met. The position provides the opportunity to expand your horizons by working with many Federal agencies, multiple cybersecurity capabilities and an industry-leading cloud-based shared services solution.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for facilitating the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meeting, coaching the team in Agile practices.
• Help the team members clarify goals and correctly apply the scrum process.
• Support and report out on Program Increment (PI) planning activities.
• Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle.
• Support the maintaining of the project schedule of Agency activities and regularly provide inputs to the projects Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Support the preparation of all contract deliverables for the assigned Federal agencies, including the Agency Cutover Plan and SELC documentation.
• Keep internal and external stakeholders well-informed on team progress and activities.
• Remove blockers and impediments for team.
• Participate in roadmap and innovation sessions to provide input to the shared services roadmap.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile methodologies.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Proficiency in ServiceNow Agile Development (preferred), Jira or other similar tools.
• Ability to act as a Scrum Master to more than one team.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
• Ideal candidate will be SAFe certified or completed SAFe training and engaged in several Agile programs based on SAFe.
• Experience with IT or information security project standards, products and capabilities.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.