|Published||September 17, 2022|
Job Req #: 627763
Job Description: Scrum Master
Position Type: Permanent/FTE
As a Scrum Master, you are passionate about helping to unlock the potential of individuals and teams. You have a proven track record of success in agile product delivery, knowledge of best practices and the ability to provide leadership oversight and planning of development activities.
***Experience working with a SAS platform or data analytics software is a big plus!
How You Will Spend Your Days
- Coaching and facilitating development teams through all aspects of the agile process including release planning, sprint planning, daily standups, product demos, backlog refinement, scrum of scrum meetings, and retrospectives.
- Removing impediments to team deliverables and product goals.
- Drawing on your expertise to provide feedback, course correction, mentoring, teaching and facilitating to develop highly effective teams.
- Working closely with other agile coaches to implement programs to promote best practices across the organization and evangelizing agile.
- Partnering with Product, Engineering and Operations, to understand vision and strategy and ensure program goals, business direction and technical strategies are aligned to meet that vision.
- Motivating teams, identifying and enhancing capabilities, and removing impediments.
- Managing 1-2 junior scrum masters
What You Bring to this Role
- Bachelor's degree (or related work experience)
- 5+ Years of experience in a Scrum Master role or similar Agile experience
- Scrum Master Certification CSM, PMP-ACP or CSP preferred
- Expertise in diligently applying Agile principles, practices and theory (User stories, Story Pointing, Velocity, Burndown Metrics, Agile Games, Tasking, Retrospectives, Product Demos)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, influence and transparency
Even better if you have:
- Agile Coach or other Agile Certifications (ICP-ACC, PSM I, PSM II, SAFe)
- Hands on experience with Agile tools, especially Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with various software development practices (BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Paring, Automated Testing, DevOps
- Experience working with different Agile approaches (Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
Target compensation is $125K. Actual pay is dependent on level of experience.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Ascent, an ACS Solutions Company
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus ! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!