|Published||September 18, 2022|
CGI is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to oversee and guide scrum teams. The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments within the Agile Release Train.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
• 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
• Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
• Knowledge of SAFe Framework
• Excellent leadership and people skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Agile & DevOps
- Business Analysis