|Published||September 20, 2022|
Join a team of professionals who are passionate about their work, love cross-training and the adoption of cutting-edge technologies. We care about our employees and foster an environment in which they can thrive by providing them the tools and training necessary to get the job done. Our team is a place where we encourage self-starters, and everyone's ideas are heard and valued!
What you'll be doing is guiding Scrum teams towards the goal of increased collaboration and high performance. This role will ensure Scrum teams live by the guidelines and practices of Scrum to ensure effective implementation for maximized results.
- Act as Scrum Master for 1 to 2 teams with a focus on guiding the team to continuous improvement
- Lead by example as a servant leader to the team, the product owner and the organization
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies without assigning or dictating work
- Shields the team to minimize interruptions and distractions to the sprint, keeping them focused on delivering a quality product on time
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they're doing
- Pose questions, crowd-source ideas, and come to consensus on process solutions that promote self-organization and fill gaps in existing processes
- Assists the team to smoothly navigate forming, storming and norming team formation stages by addressing team dynamics, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Identifies and removes impediments or obstacles that prevent teams from reaching goals.
- Champions continuous improvements in processes and development techniques.
- Actively contribute to the company's Agile practice
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog creation and management;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Teams progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Team in engineering best practices that can help them accelerate (test automation, TDD, pair programming)
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading, training and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Leveraging change management principles and practices to foster agile adoption at a sustainable pace for the organization
- Working with other Scrum Masters and Coaches to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Facilitating guilds, communities of practice, horizontals
What we're looking for is someone who is willing to learn and open to new ideas. This position focuses on designing and developing solutions for our new and existing projects. This position requires a candidate with an enthusiastic and energetic personality who will be organized, inspirational and collaborative.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of experience working in an agile organization, preferably in a variety of industries and environments
- Scrum Master certification required (CSM preferred)
- Scrum@Scale, Scaled agile experience, or SAFe certifications preferred
- Experience with Kanban preferred
- Experience with distributed teams
- Experience in implementing software engineering best practices TDD, BDD, Test automation, pair programming
- Familiarity with ALM tools such as Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, VSTS
- Familiarity with collaboration tools like Slack, MURAL, Miro, Trello
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong communication and social skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build, develop, and coach high-performing teams
LOCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work remotely as well as on-site in the Tampa office on occasion
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (no subcontracts or visa sponsorship)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ClearlyAgile is one of the fastest growing Agile companies in the Tampa Bay area. We foster career growth and are focused on having fun while delivering quality products and services to our clients. With Unlimited Paid Time Off; 10 paid holidays; Medical, Vision and Dental benefits that start on your first day; Share Apprecition Rights; 401(k); paid training certifications; and very competitive compensation plans, ClearlyAgile strives to listen to and invest in its most important asset...its people.
Our Mission: Transform our customer's businesses using Agile methodologies and principles to help them succeed in a flexible, collaborative, self-organizing and fast-paced environment.
Our Values: We hire and reward based on our core values.
- Show Your Passion - Have passion for what you do. Be an active learner with a commitment to grow. Attend and participate in events!
- Be a Champion of Agile - Spread the word. Back it up with examples, case studies, and data points. Lead by example.
- Teamwork - Be cooperative and collaborative while maintaining a team-first mindset.
- Customer-centric - Always focus on the client and their customers. See the world from their perspectives.
- Quality - Maintain a sense of pride in the quality of your work and the collective work of the team.
- Be a Leader - Empower yourself to make decisions and don't be paralyzed by fear of failure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
To learn more about us visit our website at www.clearlyagile.com.