|Published||October 3, 2022|
|Location||Miami Lakes, FL|
BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) is a national bank headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with banking centers in Florida, the New York metropolitan area and in Dallas, Texas. BankUnited has two subsidiaries, Pinnacle Public Finance headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and Bridge Funding Group headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture encompassing the best minds, the brightest talent and the boldest decision makers.
BankUnited is ranked #4 as one of America's Most Trusted Companies in the Banking industry and is honored to have been included on the Newsweek and Statista America's Most Trusted Companies Award List!
At BankUnited, we foster an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to advance, grow and achieve their goals. Our rally cry is to GO FOR MORE, a call to action to go above and beyond to provide the best customer experience to every client.
Working for BankUnited offers you exciting challenges and opportunities to advance your professional development, while empowering you to deliver and be your best. We strive to provide a competitive benefits plan to our employees and are proud to have been awarded HEALTHIEST EMPLOYER by the South Florida Business Journal for three consecutive years since 2020.
As a company, we believe we are only as successful as our people and are committed to providing training and innovative resources that prepare you to reach your full potential. That's why in addition to tuition reimbursement, we provide our employees with exciting courses and training through our own GO FOR MORE Academy.
If you thrive in a fast-paced collaborative work environment, Apply Now and start your journey with BankUnited today!
SUMMARY: The Scrum Master position will be responsible for supporting project teams in the delivery of high-quality products, features and/or services. Being knowledgeable with different agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFE) as well as traditional project management principles and practices is critical for success in the position. This role will require the agility to manage projects, initiatives, etc. in the methodology that makes sense and best fits the project/initiative in question (although Agile may be preferred, it may not be suitable for all situations). The Scrum Master will also be looked upon to advocate and support the Bank's Agile transformation. This position will work closely with the Cloud Portfolio Manager, Product Owners, and other Scrum Masters and teams. Creativity, out of the box thinking, strong communication (both verbal and written), relationship building, and mentoring are essential skills for the Scrum Master role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Guides and coaches the Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers
* Driving teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement, and employing appropriate coaching
* Influence and drive decision making within the Team, supports organizational project or product teams
* Work with coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role
* Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization
* Facilitate and support all Scrum/Kanban events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog Grooming
* Resolve conflict and remove impediments and/or issues that may occur assuring successful delivery of product features
* Promote and support the team and organization in achieving higher levels of agile maturity
* Utilize creativity and out-of-the-box thinking when taking on challenges or in addressing blockers/impediments
* Through strong relationship building and communication skills, formulate a collaborative atmosphere within and outside of the project team to assure quality deliverables
* Work with Product Owners in identifying requirement shifts, changes, and/or pivots the Team may need to make in order to meet the requirements
* Understanding of the funding mechanism (budget) and assure costs are in line with
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degreein Project Management or equivalent experience.
* 3-4 Years experience of product or project development experience utilizing an agile framework
* At least 2 Years experience in traditional project management
* Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow and Microsoft Office is required, any other tool or application is a Plus
* Ability to create Kanban boards, gadgets, dashboards, reports, etc
* Scrum Master certification or equivalent experience
* Agile or project management certifications a Plus
* Excellent Communication Skills: will be working very hands-on with a variety of teams and departments, must have great interpersonal skills, verbal and written that are effective in a team environment
* Team management and mentorship
* Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
* Ability to effectively direct & mentor team junior team members
* Strong customer service skills