|Published||October 30, 2022|
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scrum Master, R&D located in Cincinnati, OH
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our Scrum Master, R&D is responsible for project management ownership for one or multiple new product development (NPD) teams within the Ethicon franchise. The NPD teams' responsibilities encompass product design, manufacturing process design, design transfer and product launch. Key success metrics for this role are meeting project objectives including, but not limited to, time to market, cost of goods (COGS), development costs, quality metrics and ability to meet projected demand.
* Support NPD Project Director (Product Owner) to achieve project objectives from product conception to commercialization with limited Supervision
* Facilitates the development according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality baselines
* Provide direct communication to management on progress, opportunities, and issues along with identification and recommended remediation for institutional bottle necks
* Integrates information from relevant stakeholders to create a project charter. Able to direct and manage project work
* Facilitates project planning and risk planning sessions to co-create the high-level product development and launch schedule through the phase-gate process. Facilitate sprint planning sessions ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles
* Track team delivery on commitments using project plans, Gantt charts, burndown charts and other visual methods and track team velocity and other performance metrics to ensure accuracy of future planning
* Organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies, ensuring usefulness and adherence to scrum practice
* Drive backlog grooming (project planning) sessions with the team per the Project Director's (Product Owner's) priorities
* Provide input to and participate in Release Planning
* Act as servant-leader to an agile team; removing impediments and ensuring team productivity
* Coach team members to uphold project management (Waterfall and Agile Scrum) principles and facilitates conflict resolution
* Empower teams to self-organize and facilitate continuous improvement activities through retrospectives
* Identify and weigh pro's and cons of different options using appropriate methodologies and communicate them appropriately
* Embrace PMBOK project management best-practices, including Agile Scrum adoption across the organization
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in engineering, scientific, marketing, general business
* MBA or advanced technical degree is preferred
* Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
* Experience in Project Management or as a Scrum Master, leading teams in the execution of NPD projects from concept to market
* Experience in a technical or highly regulated industry
* Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work effectively with teams
* Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) required; JIRA or SmartSheet
* Experience in the medical device industry
* Project Management Certification (e.g., FPX, PMP) and/or Scrum Master Certification (e.g., CSM, PSM I, PMI-ACP)
* Understanding of Agile development methodologies or PMBOK principles
* Requires up to 25% domestic and international travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we're on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world's healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Inc. (6045)