|Published||November 2, 2022|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Agile Scrum Master to work at Fidelity in Durham, North Carolina.
As a Scrum Master you blend deep scrum expertise with a passion for mentoring and coaching, and constant improvement. As part of a highly collaborative squad you will advise, mentor, coach and train on performance against agile values, practices and processes to accelerate squad value delivery. In partnership with the squad leader you will maintain a backlog, help to remove impediments and facilitate agile ceremonies such as the daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives. You will have responsibility for release management coordination and participate in scaling ceremonies and activities as you manage interdependencies across squads and tribes. You will examine and drive team performance through metrics and find opportunities for the squad to fully realize the benefits of working in an agile structure.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 4 years bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Primary (CSM) with 3-5 years' experience running scrum teams
- Strong understanding of and experience with Agile practices, processes, and artifacts
- Jira, Jira Align, Mural, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams experience
- Brokerage and technology background
- You possess excellent communication and social skills and can rapidly build trust and positively influence others at all levels of the organization
- Proven change agent capable of coaching agile practices to teams and individuals from across different functions, experiences and geographies as they work through new and unfamiliar situations
- You are an effective facilitator and can brainstorm with the team to generate solutions that address challenges and roadblocks to accelerating value delivery
- An intellectual curiosity and passion for learning new skills and modeling a culture of continuous learning, mentoring and coaching Working with squad and chapter leaders to enable delivery of the squad's mission through well-executed sprints
- Accelerating overall squad performance, efficiency and value delivered and find opportunities to improve agile maturity and metrics, and providing coaching, training and resources
- Maintaining and updating squad performance metrics (e.g., burn-down charts) and artifacts to ensure accurate and clear feedback to the squad members and transparency to other partners
- Managing, coordinating logistics for and participating in agile ceremonies (e.g., backlog prioritization, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and as appropriate, scrum of scrum masters)
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, self-empowerment and continuous improvement
- Supporting adoption, and consistent use of enabling tools (e.g., Jira, Mural, MS Teams)
- Sharing takeaways to strengthen the chapter
You will support one or more cross-functional squads, engaging with all team members and the Squad Leader to reinforce and embed an agile approach and principles into the day-to-day work. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, you will evolve and sustain an innovative agile culture
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You'll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working â€“ Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you'll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person â€“ face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.