|Published||November 2, 2022|
The primary purpose of this role is to guide 2-3 delivery teams through Agile and Scrum practices to deliver quality software solutions.
This role performs all scrum master duties including (but not limited to): facilitating Agile team ceremonies, conducting Agile training and continuous improvement workshops, removing and escalating impediments, helping the team self-organize and remain focused on the right priorities, and facilitating actionable process improvement discussions to optimize quality, reliability, predictability and output.
• Facilitates the process of the team defining Working Agreements, Definition of Ready, Definition of Done and then ensures those agreements are upheld; ensures the team follows standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement
• Facilitates agile ceremonies: daily stand-up (scrum) meetings, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming/refinement, backlog sizing, sprint planning
• Understands and uses a variety of techniques to continuously optimize ceremonies and team participation and engagement
• Identifies and helps remove impediments, escalates impediments to product and solutions managers; recommends ways to resolve impediments, and influences leadership to take action on these recommendations
• Creates information radiators ( burn-downs , velocity chart, etc.), dashboards, and demos to assist with communication and improve transparency; provides metric reports to assist in product roadmap planning
• Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; drives work forward without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work directly
• Participates in release planning discussions, helps establish priorities and sequencing required to deliver efficiently, and helps team commit to and complete sprints
• Enables the culture of accountability so that the team and team members feel accountable for delivering on commitments; helps team identify when commitments are at risk, and then coaches team to determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met
• Serves as an Agile subject matter expert (SME), promoting learning in others and providing coaching and insight to cross-functional partners
• Ensures the team's backlogs are sufficiently full at all times , having at minimum 3-4 sprints worth of work defined
• Provides feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring feedback to junior team members
• Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 2 years of IT or related business experience
• 1 year of Experience providing project, product, or team leadership
• 1 year of Experience performing the Scrum Master role for a software development team
• 2 years of Experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 1 year of Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, TDD, etc.) and toolsets (Atlassian suite, etc.)
• First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master Certification or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or PSM Certification(s)
• Knowledge of Agile Tooling such as JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 3 years of Experience in a software development team
• 1 year of Corporate retail experience
• Knowledge of Agile Project Management fundamentals as defined by the Project Management Institute in the Project Management Body of Knowledge or Scaled Agile Framework ( SAFe )
• Second level Scrum Master Certification (CSP)
• ICAgile Certified Expert Agile Coach certification
• Experience working with distributed US and Global teams
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Pay Range for Colorado, New York, and New Jersey : $54,000.00 - $140,000.00 annually
Pay Range for Colorado, New York, and New Jersey : $54,000.00 - $140,000.00 annually - provided by Dice