|Published||November 5, 2022|
• The Scrum Master promotes and supports the agile process within and outside the squad. This includes:
o Work with organizational resources outside the squad to help them interact effectively with the squad, remove impediments and protect them from organizational bureaucracy
• The Scrum Master coaches the Agile squad and the product owner on the Agile process, such as writing useful user stories and managing the backlog
• They foster a collaborative culture and ensure the squad regularly celebrates success
• The scrum master acts as a servant leader to the squad, they are not the “boss”
• For a newly formed squad the scrum master role may be a full time activity. As the squad matures the scrum master can start to contribute some time to squad deliveries
• Manage blockers, obstacles and dependencies.
• Bring together stakeholders for alignment meeting
• Organize training
• Report on squad improvements
• Facilitate retrospective to improve squad dynamics
• Facilitate creation and maintenance of squad artefacts such as backlog, definitions and norms etc.
• Projects in support of or directly related to Morgan Stanley’s Market Data Fleet within Institutional Wealth Mgt digital technology space
• Ideal candidate will be available to work from downtown Chicago, IL office in accordance with return-to-office policy to collocate with scrum delivery teams.
• Ideal candidate will have reasonable working knowledge of trading, markets, brokerage and fintech.
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle, waterfall and agile development principles
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial institution, technology firm or project management department of a mid to large size corporation
• Background and knowledge of banking and/or digital products
• Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
• Excellent communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft tools: Excel, Visio, MS Projects, Powerpoint
• Extensive hands-on experience with JIRA on agile projects
• PMP certification preferred but not mandatory
• CSM certification or Agile experience ( min 3 years)
• Influence and leadership skills- ability to drive results and take command in a meeting or mediate in contentious situations; ability to foster an environment that is promotes teamwork
• Analytical and detail oriented- makes an effort to and is capable of understanding the subject matter and situations pertaining to each project, process, issue, etc
• Enthusiasm and curiosity- shows enthusiasm and drive to learn and ask questions both indirectly and directly related to the project
• Strategic thinker- Ability to see things big picture and not just focus on the day-to-day tasks
• Innovative- Has shown ways that he/she has gone beyond status quo to find innovative solutions to solve problems or to improve processes