|Published||November 6, 2022|
|Location||Eden Prairie, MN|
The nation's leading administrator of long term care insurance services is looking for YOU. This is your opportunity to join a company with a culture that promotes respect for people, integrity, learning and initiative.
WE ARE THE KIND OF EMPLOYER YOU DESERVE.
LTCG is a leading provider of business process outsourcing for the insurance industry, managing over 1.3 million long-term care policies for the nation's largest insurers. We also provide clients with unique risk management insight built upon our proprietary long term care databases.
The Scrum Master drives results from a high functioning team while motivating staff, building efficiencies in an Agile environment, and of course having some fun. In addition to providing leadership to the team, the Scrum Master has the opportunity to work across other areas of IT for resourcing as well as across our business and client groups. The individual is a critical thinker who likes to work closely with a team to execute on priorities, delight customers and make a strong impact on the organization.
1. Serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers, guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
2. Guiding the team on how to get the most of out of self-organization
3. Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
4. Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
5. Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
6. Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
7. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
8. Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
9. Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
10. Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
11. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or a related field and 6 or more years of experience
* Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 1 year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
* Experience in reporting to stakeholders in various formats
* Broad knowledge of IT and what various functions value
* Understanding the art of the possible in web development technologies and development principles
* Previously held a position within an agile team in any functional area
* Strong leadership skills
* SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience in both Waterfall and Agile
* First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
* Microsoft certification
* Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
* Project management experience
* Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Previous experience as a team lead
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Healthcare or insurance industry experience