|Published||November 10, 2022|
Nymbus is a high-growth fintech company building exciting new technology for the banking industry. We are looking for an experienced scrum master to oversee and guide scrum teams. The scrum master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a scrum master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding scrum master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth engineering team building cutting-edge fintech products. At Nymbus you are encouraged to work across products and teams to gain career advancement through exposure to different technical challenges. You will have the opportunity to facilitate engineering work in an agile environment.
- Use agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Train, mentor, and support scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determine and manage tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Schedule and facilitate scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitor progress and performance and help teams to make improvements.
- Plan and organize demos and product/system testing.
- Ensure the proper use of collaborative processes and remove impediments for the scrum team.
- Track project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Prepare and present status reports to stakeholders
- Work with the Product owners to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Communicate organizational impediments to leadership; clear impediments for the team
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instill the same in the team you coach
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration
- Leadership and management experience.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.