|Published||November 12, 2022|
• The Scrum Master promotes and supports the agile process within and outside the squad. This includes:
o Work with organizational resources outside the squad to help them interact effectively with the squad, remove impediments and protect them from organizational bureaucracy.
• The Scrum Master coaches the Agile squad and the product owner on the Agile process, such as writing useful user stories and managing the backlog.
• They foster a collaborative culture and ensure the squad regularly celebrates success.
• The scrum master acts as a servant leader to the squad, they are not the “boss”.
• For a newly formed squad the scrum master role may be a full time activity. As the squad matures the scrum master can start to contribute some time to squad deliveries.
• Manage blockers, obstacles and dependencies.
• Bring together stakeholders for alignment meeting.
• Organize training.
• Report on squad improvements.
• Facilitate retrospective to improve squad dynamics.
• Facilitate creation and maintenance of squad artefacts such as backlog, definitions and norms etc.
• Projects in support of or directly related to our Company’s Market Data Fleet within Institutional Wealth Mgt digital technology space.
• Ideal candidate will have reasonable working knowledge of trading, markets, brokerage and fintech.
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle, waterfall and agile development principles.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial institution, technology firm or project management department of a mid to large size corporation.
• Background and knowledge of banking and/or digital products.
• Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft tools: Excel, Visio, MS Projects, Powerpoint.
• Extensive hands-on experience with JIRA on agile projects.
• PMP certification preferred but not mandatory.
• CSM certification or Agile experience ( min 3 years).
• Influence and leadership skills- ability to drive results and take command in a meeting or mediate in contentious situations; ability to foster an environment that is promotes teamwork.
• Analytical and detail oriented- makes an effort to and is capable of understanding the subject matter and situations pertaining to each project, process, issue, etc.
• Enthusiasm and curiosity- shows enthusiasm and drive to learn and ask questions both indirectly and directly related to the project.
• Strategic thinker- Ability to see things big picture and not just focus on the day-to-day tasks.
• Innovative- Has shown ways that he/she has gone beyond status quo to find innovative solutions to solve problems or to improve processes.