|Published||November 18, 2022|
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world's first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Scrum Master Position:
The Scrum Master/Release Manager helps oversee the scrum teams and Avalon's agile process. They have strong knowledge in Agile methodology and has the ability to educate others. They provide a path for resolving impediments and help keep the team focused and achieve the Sprint goals. They also coordinate all aspects of releases from versioning to production deployment
Scrum Master - Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and managing scrum ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Stand Ups, Refinement, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments through coordination and creative thinking
- Analyzing sprint data to determine potential risks of meeting sprint goals
- Assisting with internal communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Contributing to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Coordinating and managing application releases/versioning processes
Scrum Master - Minimum Qualifications:
- 4 years minimum of relevant work experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Excellent communication, facilitation and coaching skills
Scrum Master Qualifications Preferred:
- Good data analytical skills
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working during an organization Agile transformation
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques including User Stories, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.