|Published||November 18, 2022|
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
When you join the Federal Reserve-the nation's central bank-you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth-along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
The Accelerate: Cloud Program has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master, reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Program Manager. The Federal Reserve System is standing up the Accelerate: Cloud Program to facilitate the transition to next-generation cloud platforms and modern infrastructure. This program is set up to track timelines, build products, and communicate with internal and external customers on the available products for their applications' migration.
What You Will Do:
* Plan, lead, organize, the Sprint ceremonies for multiple teams/squads
* Be a Servant Leader to the team. Mentor and coach the team/squad members to be self-organized and think in terms of an Agilist
* Maintain and facilitate team backlog refinement
* Facilitate and help coordinate Agile ceremonies such as, Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives, including task definition,?sprint execution, impediment tracking and removal
* Collaborate with Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning goals and keep work backlog healthy?and prepared for execution
* Support Product Owners to drive development of release and sprint?roadmaps. Create and maintain team working agreements
* Partner with Project and Release manager on?production deployment?activities
* Remove team impediments. Track Risks, issues & Dependencies
* Develop and provide Agile metric reports such as Planned vs. Actual, Velocity, Burn-down and Lead/Cycle?time etc.
* Participate in PI Planning and Scrum of Scrum ceremonies
* Facilitate teams demonstrable improvements at the teams/train level to operational efficiency, KPIs, Feedback, team morale, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years of relevant work experience
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), PMI-ACP and/or other Agile related certifications required
* Demonstrated knowledge of Scrum and Agile with the ability to coach the team on Agile practices and adherence to Agile methodology
* Experience with SAFe Scaled Agile Methodology is a plus
* Strong interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
* Great medical benefits
* Pension and 401(k) with employer match
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee resource networks
* Paid volunteer leave
* Flexible work options
* Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
Other Requirements and Considerations:
* A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
* Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
* Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
* If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
* The hiring range of the POSITION is $95,300 - $119,100 annually.
* For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
* Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
* Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by November 14, 2022.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Project Management Family
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.