|Published||November 20, 2022|
Note: This recruitment will remain open until we fill the position. We reserve the right to make a hiring decision at any time. Early applications are encouraged. We will begin reviewing applications on December 5, 2022, and will review additional applications each week until we fill the position.
What this job is about:
As Scrum Master (allocated as an IT Project Management - Journey), you are responsible for coordinating development efforts for IT systems. These systems support the Office of Financial Management (OFM), statewide enterprise financial, and legislative and human resource applications. You'll ensure working software is delivered every development cycle and resolve challenging technical problems that escalate during software development. You'll resolve complex technical issues that delay progress for our teams.
Note: Telecommuting is available, but you must be able to come into the office in Olympia, Washington, when necessary. We will strive to give reasonable notice. There will be some traveling involved to support locations within the state.What this job is about:
Who we are:
Our work at the Office of Financial Management (OFM) serves as a crucial part of the decision-making that the governor, Legislature and state agencies do each year. As an employee of OFM, you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals who work hard every day to provide the vital information and services they need to serve the people of Washington.
If playing a key role in supporting and improving state government matters to you, you've found the right place.
What we offer our employees:
We support the following values in the workplace:
* Foster an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to hire, cultivate and retain a competitive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
* Offer telework and remote work opportunities, when possible, by offering work tools that promote creative collaboration, drive efficiency, and best suit the important work we do whether you live five minutes from our work building or work elsewhere in the state.
* Encourage a healthy life/work balance by offering flexible/alternative work schedules, wellness activities, mobile arrangements and telework opportunities.
* Offer an Infants at Work Program to promote parent and infant bonding, parental well-being and healthy infant development. Depending on your job duties, work location and supervisor approval, eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers or legal guardians can bring their infant (six weeks to six months) when they return to work.
What you'll do:
* Serve as the primary contact for multiple scrum teams, help facilitate product delivery, assess team performance, and contribute to product schedule development.
* Lead multiple cross-divisional development teams in creating software applications. Successfully stabilize and promote these applications in the enterprise portfolio.
* Facilitate and lead Scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily Scrum, sprint review, sprint retrospective.
* Collaborate with product owners, project managers and team members to identify what we need to deliver the requirements and work items to the team(s). Use Agile methodologies to identify required steps and develop the final product.
* Build collaboration across teams and business units.
* Use Agile metrics to identify ways the team's performance can be improved.
* Remove roadblocks to enable productive team performance.
* Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors. Coach, inspire, and mentor teams on Agile principles, values, and practices while modeling leadership behaviors.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field (additional related professional experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
* Three years of experience managing IT projects or acting as Scrum Master on development projects.
* Agile certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
* Two years concurrent experience using Agile methods and process for managing IT projects, systems, and processes. Examples of your experience could include:
* Working with multiple development teams.
* Managing stakeholder relationships.
* Understanding and mitigating risk on software projects.
* Leading and motivating diverse groups toward accomplishing a goal.
* Certified Product Owner (CPO)
* Experience and/or SAFe Certifications
Condition of Employment:
* Per Governor Inslee's Directive 22-13.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated effective November 4, 2022. Providing proof of being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment and your vaccine status will be verified prior to starting work. Being fully vaccinated means two weeks after you have received the second dose in a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use, licensed or otherwise authorized or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or listed for emergency use or otherwise approved by the World Health Organization. Please reach out to the HR Office if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
* You must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship from this agency.
How to apply:
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Click "Apply" at the top of this page to start your application (you can save the application and come back to it, if needed).
To be considered for this position, please include the following along with your application:
* Letter of interest: describing your specific qualifications.
* Resume: that details your applicable experience and education.
* References: at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
We will directly contact the top candidates to interview for this position. Because we base our selection on the information you provide, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the required and desirable qualifications we described above.
For questions about this recruitment or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email Janet at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
The Office of Financial Management is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam-era veterans are encouraged to apply. Dial 711 to reach the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf system.