|Published||November 22, 2022|
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The organization is on an agile, product and digital transformation journey and as a Scrum Master, you will be guiding multiple agile teams through their journey and help drive agile transformation across products and lines of business. As a Scrum Master, you will act as a leader and on-team coach for multiple scrum teams. We have multiple opportunities open at various levels based on experience. We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative personality that can champion the cause of the agile movement within the organization. You are passionate about leading change, helping shift mindset and influence culture change. Fostering new ways of thinking, new ways of working and building new capabilities that will help unlock new possibilities U.S. Bank. You possess strategic vision and tactical mastery and combine it with an entrepreneurial spirit to get it done. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious objectives and work closely with partners across product teams to design innovative solutions and balance challenging priorities and demands. You are laser-focused on operational excellence and customer satisfaction and you'll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical!
* Embrace the agile mindset, advocate and champion agile across the Technology organization by challenging, coaching, and guiding teams using agile and lean principles
* Provide creative solutions to agile transformation issues: resistance to change, limited resources, conflicting priorities, lack of accountability
* Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes traditional project management which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times
* Understand the various agile frameworks, events and artifacts (i.e. scrum, Kanban), where they are fit for purpose and how to implement/apply with new and existing teams
* Manage and facilitate team ceremonies including quarterly product planning, product owner syncs, backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
* Facilitate and coach to draft, track progress and continuously improve on Objective and Key Results (OKRs)
* Coach teams and leaders in agile principles and practices, roles and responsibilities, and frameworks
* Foster a continuous improvement environment in order to build high-performing, agile teams
* Track and report on metrics for teams to measure progress, effectiveness of agile adoption, and agile maturity of the teams
* Guide product management teams in their role, defining MVP's, developing product charters, product community maps, product roadmaps and release plans, story mapping, writing stories and backlog prioritization and management
* Train and mentor other scrum masters on the role of the scrum master and build communities of practice for scrum masters to share, learn and grow
Leveling of position will depend on qualifications. Please read below for Basic and Preferred Qualifications of each level.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* At least 3 years of experience in Agile technology delivery and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
* At least one year of experience in a Scrum environment
* Basic knowledge of Agile principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
* Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
* Working knowledge of the software development process - design, development, test, and deployment
* Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
* CSM (Certified Scrum Master) certification a plus
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $99,365.00 - $116,900.00 - $128,590.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.