|Published||November 25, 2022|
This role offers a hybrid work schedule; offering the flexibility to work remotely two days a week, while providing the opportunity for in-person collaboration.
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking – We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to do business with and to deliver solutions that provide real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
Provides servant-leadership and mentorship to one cross-functional agile team through effective application of Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP). Strengthens understanding of effective practices, theories and techniques to support continuous improvement. Educates and coaches the team to create an environment that fosters self-organization, cross-functionality, collaboration, conflict resolution, transparency and continuous improvement. Visualizes, communicates and radiates team information to keep their work and impediments visible to stakeholders.
- Utilize a broad knowledge base of agile practices including user stories, retrospectives, story mapping, Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, pairing, information radiators, etc., to help create high performing teams.
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture for individuals within the team, constantly discovering better ways of working, through transparency, collaboration and retrospectives.
- Facilitate meetings with the team for idea generation, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, retrospectives, problem-solving and alignment.
- Help the team gain transparency into their workflow through appropriate use of information radiators.
- Address blocking issues that are beyond the team’s authority, or require support from other teams, so the team remains focused on achieving their goals.
- Work with other Agile leaders to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile within the organization.
- Seek and host a variety of individual learning opportunities such as communities of practice, conferences, meetups, reading and classroom training.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Team Size Range: 1 - 5 FTE
Project Duration: 1 - 11 months
Project Size: Multiple smaller projects
Project Customer: One line of business or function
Scope of Change: Minor changes to business processes or procedures
Number of Interfaces: Less than 3
While not having direct management responsibility, the position manages activities through influence, accountability and ownership, functioning in an agile environment.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a member of an agile team, including a minimum of 1 year’s Scrum Master or related equivalent experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a member of an agile team, including a minimum of 1 year’s Scrum Master or related equivalent experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
Prior experience fostering team self-organization and continuous improvement
Knowledge of Agile and Lean principles and practices
Experience developing/managing digital capabilities
Understanding of Design Thinking principles
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Prior experience leading through influence
Buffalo, New York, United States of America