|Published||January 14, 2023|
Technology - Project Mgmt/Business Analysis
Prudential's Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you'll unlock a challenging and impactful career - all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading financial services institutions.
The Scrum Master on an agile team is responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. They help those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren't. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
* Facilitate Agile events - daily standups, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives
* Coordinate the escalation, when needed, of impediments or communications with other Agile teams
* Lead and/or assist with training the teams on Agile project management and Jira
* Assist the teams with becoming self-managed work teams and developing more efficient workflows
* Effectively facilitates collaboration and conversations to ensure productive outcomes.
* Actively listens to understand intent and encourages others to do the same
* Ability to clearly impart knowledge and mentor others.
* Facilitates healthy productive discussions that enable the team to manage conflicts
* Communicates effectively with all roles across the organization
* Supports the team and organization to successfully navigate change
* Has the ability to identify with the feelings, thoughts or attitudes of other people and tailor their approach based on the context. Understands how their communication style and personality can affect how they engage and are seen by others.
* Facilitates relationships within the team and across teams to be productive and collaborative, through building rapport, trust and respect.
* Servant Leader who fosters self-organization and a culture of ownership and accountability on the team
* Challenger/ Experimenter/Innovator: Don't just accept "the way things work around here", respectfully challenges and help illuminate the problem areas. They encourage the team to experiment and create a safe environment for the team to learn.
* Passionate about continuous learning to help the team and organization evolve. Regularly illicit feedback from others and actively seek opportunities to learn
* BS Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
* Minimum 2 years Scrum Master experience facilitating daily stand up, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, backlog management events
* Proficient in collaboration and tracking tools - Jira, Miro, Confluence and Jira-Align
* Experience training and mentoring teams in Agile methodologies and tools
* SAFE Agile Scrum Master certification
* Experience in Cybersecurity field a plus
* Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request assistance.