|Published||January 18, 2023|
Rent., a Redfin company, is the leading technology company in the property rental industry. We empower over one hundred million prospects annually nationwide to find apartments and houses for rent with our three major brands: Rent.com, ApartmentGuide.com, and Rentals.com. We connect the right renters, with the right properties, at the right time.
Rent's robust, proprietary AI platform powers a full suite of best-in-class digital marketing solutions across our flagship listing sites, search, social, email marketing, reputation management, virtual leasing office, and more. We simplify our clients' entire leasing lifecycle, whether building a property’s brand, attracting and converting qualified renters, or nurturing current residents for renewals. The renters' search experience is made easy, driving occupancies and efficiencies for property managers and owners.
At Rent., we simplify the rental journey through an engaging user experience and data-driven innovations. Our mission is to find everyone a place to call home. Period.
An opportunity at Rent. empowers you to learn and grow within a collaborative environment. We celebrate the wins together and always look for opportunities to improve. If you are looking for a team where you can make a true impact, Rent. is the place for you. We invest in the success of our employees because we know it’s our people that make Rent. such a great place to work.
Rent (a division of Redfin) is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our team. In this role, you lead and coach highly technical teams through continuous delivery of high quality features on Rent’s portfolio of websites, following scrum and kanban processes..
As Scrum Master, you report to the Manager of Agile Delivery, and partner with Product Owners, leads and coaches technical teams in delivering high quality features via necessary agile processes (scrum / kanban). You drive the team through continuous improvement and serves as an agile process ambassador, always improving ability to consistently plan the work, forecast it and deliver it as planned, and report progress. You coordinate with other teams inside the company to address dependencies and remove obstacles. Responsibilities over 2-3 scrum/kanban teams...
A Day in the Life
The Scrum Master will be expected to consistently deliver outcomes in the following:
The Scrum Master will deliver outcomes in the following:
- High quality feature delivery via consistent, reliable agile processes - Teams consistently deliver high quality features in a predictable manner. Business objectives and project activities are coordinated and broken down by sprints to create a continuous delivery cycle. Agile processes are consistent, deliberate, and repeatable. Critical production issues are responded to quickly.
- Continuous Improvement - The team feels a culture of personal responsibility and continuous improvement. Team architects and builds things right, builds high quality features via a thorough Pull Request process. Opportunities to reduce waste are recognized and acted upon and repeatable tasks are automated.
- Team Alignment - The team is aligned on priorities via deliberate and purposeful agile ceremonies to ensure business objectives are delivered and decisions are made intentionally. The team overcomes technical challenges by partnering with the right teams/people and ensuring solutions are identified.
- Leadership & Communication - The Scrum Master is a servant leader - leads by example and proactively removes obstacles for the team to ensure a smooth continuous delivery of high quality features. She does not shy away or hesitate from interacting with stakeholders to ensure clear goals for the team. The leadership team is enabled to see progress against milestones and priorities through clearly presented agile metrics.
- Creativity & Curiosity - The Scrum Master approaches everything with a thirst to learn and natural curiosity. They do not shy away from asking the right questions, understand decisions and should not hesitate to challenge as necessary. A drive for creativity is facilitated by the Scrum Master while ensuring the efficiency of the development team is consistently improving.
- Clear Vision - The team focuses on the right priorities and delivers the most impactful features. The Product Owner and Engineering leadership team are in alignment on the team’s roadmap and priorities. Proactive communication and a consistent flow of information is achieved inside and outside of the team.
What We Need From YOU
- You have proven success of leading highly technical teams through scrum and kanban processes and has a consistent record driving teams and delivering on project objectives and goals through fruition.
- You have experience assessing and determining appropriate methodology for teams - scrum/kanban -and has proven record of transitioning teams through and establishing processes.
- You are comfortable balancing working with highly technical teams, understanding technical nuances, and communicating issues and resolutions appropriately to other audiences (stakeholders, leadership).
- You have worked in a continuous delivery environment, where features go to production frequently (ideally several times in a month, ideally weekly)
- You have demonstrated success operating in an environment that requires heavy peer, stakeholder and company leadership influence-ability regarding ideas, methods and deliverables
- You have a proven record of using data and metrics to make decisions, identify bottlenecks and improve efficiency; identifies how to balance between overworked and underutilized teams.
- You have experience with agile tools: preferably with Jira / Confluence (admin experience with Jira; if not, then willing and able to pick up light administration)
- Credentials: Scrum Master certification, continuously learning and self-improving.
- You have a technical background - ideally has been an engineer before, or has a technical degree or has experience leading highly technical teams, ideally in web development space.
- Nice to have: Consumer products experience
- Nice to have credentials: CSM, CPO, Scaled agile framework, continuous delivery
A Few Of Our Perks and Benefits
- Immediate 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid volunteering days
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee discounts
- Covered parking or Marta stipend (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
- On-site gym (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
Why Choose Rent.?
We're a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You'll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. The challenge of leading our digital transformation has attracted talent from leading companies like Google, Microsoft, and Expedia. Will you be next?
Rent. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and additional EEO information.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Rent. conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance. Rent. encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.