|Published||January 31, 2023|
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Alpharetta, GA
"Looking for an SM (7-8 yrs. of experience) with at least 14 years of experience in IT. Anything beyond that is an added advantage. Financial services experience is nice to have.
• Ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules+
• Leading and coaching the team/organization in its Scrum adoption
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Works with the Scrum Team and the Product Owner to negotiate the minimum viable product for delivery.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Engaging with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
The Skills that are Key to this role
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role (for more than 2 engagements is desired) for at least 5 years for a development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs)
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques, tools & approaches: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Jira, Burn-down techniques.
The Skills that are Good to Have for this role
• Strong time management and planning skills required.
• Possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSMI / II)"
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 + team members in more than 50+ countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast-evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.