|Published||March 11, 2023|
As a servant leader of the Engineering team, the Scrum Master (SM) fosters an environment which encourages self-organization, continuous improvement, and trust. The SM coaches the team on Agile principles, facilitates team ceremonies, and assists the Product Owner with maintaining the backlog. The SM also protects the team from over-committing and outside distractions, while removing roadblocks to keep the team moving quickly.
* Coaches one or more scrum teams while adhering to the scrum framework.
* Works to improve scrum teams processes.
* Collaborates with the Product Manager(s) to ensure continuous delivery of the product road map.
* Creates an environment that fosters commitment, team spirit, resilience, and trust. Inspires, motivates, protects, and guides all team members.
* Guides the team toward the best possible use of resources, balancing the availability of the required sills and competencies of the team, to deliver maximum value and benefits from all initiatives.
* Facilitates retrospectives and ensures team ceremonies such as daily standup, refinement sessions and sprint reviews are being held.
* Facilitates resolution of conflicts within the team.
* Measures sprint success by using standard sprint metrics and drives team efficiency and productivity improvement through historical data points.
* Removes impediments for the team.
* Proactive cross-functional communication, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; anticipates need and proactively reports team progress and accomplishment(s) up and across.
* Facilitate discussions leading to collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution within the team.
* High understanding of Agile environments and the dynamics
* Development, Product Delivery or Scrum have been your day to day for more than 5 years
* Good technical understanding of web applications and software development processes
* Detail-oriented while managing many moving pieces
* Risk mitigations, unplanned challenges and tough decisions are part of your daily job.
* Solution-oriented, figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
* Comfortable with ambiguity; creating hypothesis and coming up with efficient and effective ways of proving/disproving them as your standard operating process.
* Certified Scrum Master certification (CSM)
* Experience in managing Jira and Confluence
* Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least five to seven years for software development teams that were diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
* Must have the requisite Agile knowledge of software development experience to coach and guide Development Team members on how to improve their skills
* Proven experience coaching teams, going through the scrum ceremonies
* Firm understanding of incremental delivery and metrics, including backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and historical data
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Psychology, Communications, or an Engineering related field.
* 2 to 5 years of experience in the role of Scrum Coach.
* CenTrak is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.*
Seeing: Able to read reports and communicate with co-workers.
Hearing: Able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Able to stand to open files and operate office machines; mobility between departments and to attend meetings of employees and managers.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Able to write, type, and use phone system.