|Published||March 18, 2023|
Key Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
* Facilitates scrum activities such as sprint planning, daily stand ups, demos, board reviews, and retrospectives.
* Manages Azure DevOps and other information artifacts for the teams.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams, stakeholders, QA, Project Managers, Software Release Manager & BA to comprehend business requirements
* Assist Product Owner in organizing the backlog & prioritizing stories
* Acts as a mediator between development teams and product management to ensure the correct project process is implemented.
* Resolves obstacles that hinder development or stop the team from achieving their established goals or milestones.
* Inspires teams to perform and ensures team members are mutually responsible for all aspects of the committed work (analysis, development, testing, documentation, etc.).
* Generates reports based on team capacity and how the team is performing against capacity.
* Monitor sprint progress and provide guidance and support to team members to ensure that sprint goals are met on time.
* Serves as a scrum master for one-to-many Agile teams, dependent on size of team and/or application.
* Assist Software Release Manager in facilitating Program Increment Planning
* Escalates / Reports bottlenecks, conflicts and risks that involve other departments outside the software development team
* Act as a servant-leader and help to build a high-performing, self-organizing team.
* Proactively identify areas of improvement and implement process and policy changes to optimize the team's efficiency.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to team members on Agile and Scrum methodologies and principles.
* Prepare and present sprint progress reports to stakeholders.
* Act as a liaison between the team and stakeholders, providing timely updates and soliciting feedback
* Facilitate resolution of conflicts between team members
* Perform other duties as required and assigned.
* Certified Scrum Master or Equivalent Scrum Master Experience
* 3-5 years experience playing the Scrum Master for a software development team
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Experience with Azure DevOps or other agile tools
* The ability to optimize the Scrum methodology to maximize delivery for the company
* Detail oriented and self-starter with ability to flourish with minimal direction.
* Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
* Flexible and able to work in fluid environment with changing priorities to meet business needs
* Experienced User of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
* Recent experience participating in Software Development Lifecycle using formal tools and processes
* Experience with other agile methodologies like SAFe, Kanban, etc.
* Experience working with Roadmap, requirements management tools like Aha and Modern requirements
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
* Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
* Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
* Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Previous experience with ServiceNow or SalesForce
* Previous experience within a Data Governance environment
* Previous experience with a customer-facing portal
* Previous & demonstrated experience as a collaborative leader
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; communicates complicated matters in a simple, structured way
* Engages people in manner that brings forth best ideas and commitment; generates candor and constructive dialog; comfortable with uncomfortable discussions
* Experience with project management principles
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time
* Moderate keyboard usage
* Travel on occasion; at most ~1-2 times a year
Base Pay Range: Annualized salary range offered for this position is estimated to be ($85,000 - $100,000), however, the actual pay range depends each candidate's experience, location and qualifications.
Variable Pay: Discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and company performance.
Benefits of working at Flexential:
* Medical, Telehealth, Dental and Vision
* Health Savings Accounts (HAS) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Life and AD&D
* Short Term and Long Term disability
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Leave of Absence
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Program
* Rewards and Recognition Program