|Published||March 20, 2023|
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions' Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Scrum Master serves as a facilitator and Agile coach for up to two development teams. This position provides leadership helping the Agile teams adhere to the rules of Scrum, applies the practices and principles of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise), and works within and outside the team to remove impediments. This position creates and fosters an environment of transparency and continuous improvement by proactively communicating with the team, management, and outside stakeholders.
* Focuses the Agile team on delivering planned value
* Ensures the team(s) achieve their stated objectives by reinforcing SAFe framework and Scrum principles, keeping the team focused on their goals, and facilitating all standard ceremonies
* Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
* Guides the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
* Guides the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
* Assesses the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
* Facilitates getting the work done
* Addresses and eliminates impediments beyond the team's authority or items that require support from other teams
* Guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
* Builds an environment of continuous improvement and encourages a healthy intra-team dynamic by facilitating team retrospectives, coaching team on problem solving and conflict resolution, and escalating issues when necessary
* Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Coordinates with other teams (DevOps, System Teams, Shared Services and other Scrum Masters) passing information to others and back to the team as needed
* Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintenance and work on the product backlog
* Guides the team through estimating and forecasting
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Two (2) years of relevant business/development support, user story creation, writing, and estimation
* One (1) year of experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team involved in diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
* Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM
* Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
* First Level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) and/or SAFe Practitioner certification
* Two (2) years of Project Management experience preferably in Information Technology
* Extensive Agile and/or Scrum experience; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) and/or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification
* Experience in the Scrum Master role for two (2) years for a software development team diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
* Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Working knowledge of SAFe
* Experience as a Team Leader and coaching, training, or developing teams
Skills and Competencies
* Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Knowledge of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling of bugs, etc.)
* Strong collaboration, facilitation, and conflict management skills
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
* Paid Vacation/Sick Time
* 401K with Company Match
* Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
* Disability Benefits
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life Insurance
* Parental Leave
* Employee Assistance Program
* Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions' benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Riverchase OPS Center
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans