|Published||May 5, 2023|
Location: Washington, DC
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Scrum Master at Octo, you will work with Dev and O&M team to run agile ceremonies and support requirements generation for the existing web-based knowledge repository that is built upon AWS Cloud technologies to all client domains. You are comfortable working side by side with software engineers, product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together to quickly break down features into user stories through progressive elaboration. You have a passion to maintain secure high-quality, reliable, and available software solutions and are a fast learner.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
This program will support the agency's Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team will work to modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Supporting the identification and development of user stories, including sizing efforts and story point assignments, identification of story acceptance criteria, and associating user stories with like stories to create epics
- Supporting requirements elicitation activities and sessions
- Leads the requirements efforts by assessing the business needs, defining goals and objectives, and decomposing requirements to successive levels of detail
- Consults with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review tasks and deliverables, ensuring conformance with project task schedules
- Responsible for the quality and comprehensiveness of all requirements artifacts
- Preparing and reviewing applicable requirements documentation to ensure compliance with SDLC standards
- Assist in entering requirements into requirements management repository; ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Work with Agile Programs to identify gaps in Agile delivery, and facilitate improvement
- Supporting the creation of team norms and agreements, definitions of ready and done, release and sprint schedules, and other standards that will help drive team success
- Conducting Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, daily scrums, and product backlog grooming
- Supporting Agile engineering practices such as regular code check-in, unit testing, architecture evolution, simple and clear design, regular review and feedback loops with the customer, testing automation and regression testing, including (if appropriate), continuous integration
- Facilitating product demos for Product Owner
- Experience acting as a scrum master for similar agile web development programs
- Provide support for CI/CD and DevOps initiatives, to include pipeline and deployment automation and support
- Contribute to developing infrastructure as code, software build tools, and integration tools
- Work with development teams to automate manual release/build related activities
- Troubleshoot issues related to software applications
- Provide support, tool management, and operating system administration for new and legacy applications
- Detail oriented, responsible, reliable, flexible, with strong attention to detail
- Understands conceptual business models and process flows
- Can explain the characteristics of a "good requirement"
- Experience on Agile Projects
- CAPM, PMP, and CSM Certified
- Must be able to attain a public trust clearance
- 6 years of experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Transformation or Agile Coach leading Agile transformation and adoption within federal and/or commercial environments
Years of Experience: 6+ years' experience as a Scrum Master
Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related technical degree
Location: Washington DC/Northern Virginia
Clearance: US Citizen
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
Octo is an IBM subsidiary which has been acquired by IBM and will be integrated into the IBM organization. Octo will be the hiring entity. By proceeding with this application, you understand that Octo will share your personal information with other IBM affiliates involved in your recruitment process, wherever these are located. More Information on how IBM protects your personal information, including the safeguards in case of cross-border data transfer, are available here: ".