|Published||May 18, 2023|
Job Description: 12 month contract to hire
Senior Scrum Master role:
Oversees various agile teams of a highly complex nature. Responsible for coaching and mentoring the teams on Agile principles and best practices and help them maximize productivity to ensure timely completion of Program Increment objectives. Effectively coordinate activities across multiple teams. Influences within and outside the team to remove impediments and interferences. Responsibilities include coaching and mentoring of new scrum masters and agile team members.
Servant leader of software development teams. Facilitates Iteration Execution helping teams to deliver value incrementally:
Coach multiple complex teams on Agile values & principles and their application as well as backlog management to maximize business value 40%
Facilitate Scrum ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Refinement.25%
Support the team in removing and/or escalating impediments including topics related to scope, schedule, prioritization, decision making, risk management, etc. 15%
Assist RTE with SAFe PI Planning meetings and manage dependencies with other teams. 10%
Lead team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and continuous improvement 5%
Shield the team from frequent outside distractions and interferences 5%
We are seeking scrum master candidates who have proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, with a strong business acumen, and acts with a strong sense of urgency. Specifically:
- Act in a capacity of Scrum Master or Service Delivery Owner.
- Facilitate time-boxed Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint planning, Daily Scrum Stand up, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective and backlog refinement meeting.
- Facilitate Agile Retrospective using techniques like Silent Writing, Happiness histogram, Sad Mad Glad, Speed dating etc.
- Work closely with product owners managing the product backlog including understanding of MVPs and delivering clearly written stories.
- Work closely with Product Owners to guide decomposing of features into smaller user stories for effective utilization by identifying SMART tasks with the help of the team.
- Assist the team and product owner to prioritize using prioritization techniques like 100 Dollar test, MOSCOW, Business Value based etc.
- Guide teams in capacity planning and story sizing utilizing estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing and relative mass evaluation.
- Coordinate & collaborate with other scrum teams to help identify and track user story dependencies including KANBAN to visualize workflow for Kanban teams.
- Support teams in identifying and mitigating various issues and risks.
- Remove team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver on sprint goals.
- Track progress against sprint goals through metrics and dashboards in Jira.
- Maintain and present Sprint Burn-down Charts, Product Burn-Down Charts, Product Burn-up Chart to show the progress of the team during iteration.
- Assist in facilitating ART events and processes - help manage risks and drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops.
- Assist in facilitating PI planning meetings, summarize team PI objectives into program PI objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Work within SAFe framework with other scrum teams, attend Scrum of Scrums to assist in coordinating dependencies across Agile Release train.
- Lead lean Agile teams in the continuous improvement process involved in PDCA cycle within the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Enable improvement in team delivery commitments through facilitation of RCAs.
- Work with in Agile best practices such as time-boxing, continuous integration, code/design reviews, transparency, accountability, product visioning, technical debt reduction.
- Coach and mentor team members on SAFe methodology and principles while empowering teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality.
- Certified Scrum Master in SAFe with 7+ years of experience in lean agile software development methodology.
- Proven ability in motivating and enforcing the agile principles and removing impediments
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification
- Well versed in both Kanban and Scrum with experience as both a Scrum Master and Service Delivery Owner
- Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Life cycle
- Expertise in using the Atlassian Products- Jira and Confluence, and MS office suite
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Expert level experience working in Jira setting up Team Boards for both Kanban and Scrum and creating customized reports and dashboards
- Expert level experience setting up team artifacts in Confluence
- Experience as Scrum master's in healthcare insurance and/or Financial Services
- SAFe Agile Coaching Experience
- Experience Acting in Scrum Master/SDO role during an Agile Transformation
- Additional SAFe Certifications that complement the Scrum Master Role
- Experience working in Jira Align
- Experience working for large scale applications, databases, Managed Upgrade and migration projects
- Working knowledge of other agile concepts such as CI/CD, Test Driven development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) etc.