|Published||May 18, 2023|
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Scrum Master for a contract position in Minnetonka, MN. The opportunity will be six months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: Scrum Master is responsible for helping team members through successful and quality product delivery for their corresponding business and information technology stakeholders. This position requires a servant-leader mindset as well as one who can enforce the values, principles and practices of Agile through rules that the product team has agreed upon. The position will require cross-communication with other teams and communication to senior business and IT leadership as required. The Scrum Master will be expected to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations while balancing competing demands among requirements/scope, time and budget. This expectation will require the management and prioritization of the product backlog. The Scrum Master will work with their corresponding Product Owner for the identification and prioritization of backlog items.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring delivery timelines and maintaining capital and expense budget while adhering to agile values, principles and practices.
- This role is responsible for producing artifacts and communicating sprint and release metrics and progress.
- This role ensures that the development team is free from distraction - whether that be competing work priorities or potential interruption or impediments.
- This will be done by acting as a facilitator and "buffer" between any external or internal influences.
- The Scrum Master seeks to consistently challenge the development team to incorporate best practices, increase productivity, and ensure quality.
Product Team Management (30%):
- Assist with short term tactical planning, organizing and execution
- Assist with financial forecasting
- Manage Resource Plans
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior IT Scrum Masters
- Determine gaps and needs within the team and advocate for support to leadership as necessary
- Inform and create trusted partnerships with business stakeholders
- Plan and partner with other IT teams for shared delivery
Agile Team Leadership and Feature Delivery (40%):
Responsible for key Agile deliverables:
- Project planning/release planning
- Sprint planning, kickoffs, demos and retrospectives
- Backlog grooming in coordination with Product Owner
- Daily standups and KANBAN
- Creation and maintenance of Scrum Team Dashboards
- Responsible for all product deliverables
- Mature and continuously improve product team
- Produce high quality products, increase productivity, reduce time-to-market, stakeholder satisfaction, more engaged employees
- Team building and servant-leadership of teams
- Communicate the status and key metrics for all issues and product deliverables with all levels of management
- Research and make recommendations regarding technologies when necessary
- Support and promote the work of the team
Agile Leader (20%):
- Drive and promote agile principles, values and practices
- Responsible for the development of high-performing product Team
- Evangelize Agile Principles and Values to team
- Coach and provide servant leadership for team's success and self-organization
- Develop and prepare team for cross-performance by reinforcing paired programming and role-sharing
- Help to grow the agile practice broadly across Client
- Developing team's understanding of "definition of done"
- Educating the business stakeholders on Scrum principles
Application Management (10%):
- Maintain knowledge of system environments, processes, applications and integrations
- Learn and support key vendor partnerships
- Maintain an understanding of IT related technologies and solutions
- Maintain Industry knowledge - process, people and nuances of the business
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Major: Business, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems or equivalent work
- Years of experience required: 5 years
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective meeting facilitation
- Experience leading IT project delivery with experience and knowledge particular challenges of enterprise data management products in an agile environment
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum/Lean/Kanban). Strong understanding of Scrum tools and concepts (Release Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burndown, Velocity, User Stories, Complexity, Estimating, Story Boarding/Mapping, Definition of Done, etc.)
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!