|Published||June 1, 2023|
Valiant Solutions is seeking a Scrum Master to support our agile software development practice supporting an environmentally focused Federal Government client. The agency's programs aim to promote environmental sustainability and protect the natural resources of our planet. As part of this contract, we will be supporting the agency's efforts to develop and maintain information systems that facilitate the tracking and reporting of environmental data. Our team will work closely with the agency to ensure that the information systems are secure, compliant with accessibility standards, and support the agency's business processes.
The Scrum Master will work closely with other Team Valiant members, the Federal government agency and other stakeholders to support the development and maintenance of multiple information systems. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of agile principles and methodologies, with a focus on Scrum practices. The Scrum Master will facilitate agile ceremonies, work with stakeholders to prioritize and plan work, and remove impediments to progress. Valiant Solutions is a company that cares about its employees- we've been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Washington DC area NINE years in a row! If you are interested in learning more about Valiant and this opportunity, we invite you to apply now!
This position allows for 100% remote work. Remote work necessitates a high-level trust in our employees and we strictly adhere to the details found below in our Remote Work Policy.
This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to favorably pass a federal background check to obtain a federal security badge.
- At least five years of experience as a Scrum Master, with a focus on supporting complex IT projects.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Deep understanding of agile principles and methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve impediments to progress.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and empower the team to deliver high-quality work.
- Experience working with agile project management tools, such as Jira
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field is preferred not, required.
- Facilitate agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Work with the stakeholders to prioritize and plan work.
- Remove impediments to progress, including managing dependencies and addressing conflicts.
- Ensure the team is focused and productive, and that the work is aligned with the project goals and objectives.
- Coach the Scrum team on Agile and Scrum principles, help them understand their roles and responsibilities, and guide them to self-organize and make decisions as a team.
- Identify and remove roadblocks that hinder the team's progress. Work with the Product Owner to ensure that the Product Backlog is clear, prioritized, and understood by the team.
- Monitor the team's progress and make sure that they are working towards the Sprint Goal.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where the team is empowered to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ensure that the team has a clear understanding of the work and that the requirements are well-defined and understood.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, including project progress and risks.
- Help ensure that the team adheres to agile principles and practices, while also complying with the contract requirements.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team. Encourage the team to reflect on their work and identify areas for improvement. Help the team implement changes and adjustments to their process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including the Product Owner, to ensure that the team is meeting the needs of the business. Communicate the team's progress and any issues or risks to stakeholders as needed.
Methodologies and Tools:
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Trello, Asana)
- Code repository tools (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology and tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Appium, JUnit)
- Communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- DevOps practices (e.g. infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring)
- Knowledge of programming languages and software development practices
About Valiant Solutions
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with public clients nationwide. We are a HUBZone small business and we encourage all candidates who live in a HUBZone to apply. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skill set. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to)
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for Full-time Employees
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for Full-time Employees
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Wellness & Fitness Program
Paid Time Off
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Remote Work Policy
Remote work necessitates a high-level of trust in our employees. To ensure that employee performance does not suffer in a remote work environment, all employees who telecommute are expected to have a quiet and distraction-free workspace with adequate internet, dedicate their full attention and availability to their job duties during working hours, and maintain a schedule during core business hours that align with those of their coworkers and Valiant's clients. Additionally, in alignment with the Office of the Inspector General’s effort to eliminate conflicting employment, all Valiant employees are required to disclose any current or future outside employment engagements. During onboarding and throughout employment, employees must disclose any current activities or intent to engage in outside employment or other professional activities and obtain written approval. Employees may not solicit or conduct any outside business during core business hours for Valiant Solutions and our clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valiant Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender expression or transgender status), religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Sitting or standing at a desk for prolonged periods of time and consistent operation of a computer. Frequent communication and exchanging of accurate information via electronic communication, phones, and in person. Occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as, personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.