|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
Job Title: Scrum Master
The Scrum Master reports into the Tech & Ops organization. The position is responsible for Scrum Master activities on one or more Agile Teams that are part of one or more Agile Release Trains.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader focused on transparency, inspection and adaption. The Scrum Master has an appetite for relentless improvement and is a champion of Agile/Lean practices that achieve delivery flow. The Scrum Master works to establish a trusting and safe team environment where problems can be addressed without blame or judgment, with a focus on problem solving and a "learn by doing" environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Assist the Agile team to achieve its goals
• Coach/train teams on Agile/Lean tools, techniques, and knowledge
• Manage impediments and barriers outside of the Agile Team’s control
• Uses data/metrics to evaluate team performance and drive continuous improvement
• Provide day-to-day coordination, support, and coaching to the team to encourage adoption of agile practices
• Champion support of evolving processes with focus on relentless improvement
• Foster transparency and alignment through management of Agile Team information radiators
• Facilitate Agile Team ceremonies that support team delivery flow, e.g. planning, retrospectives, demos, etc.
• Facilitate Agile Team preparation and readiness for ART events
• Support the Product Owner in their role managing the backlog
• Participate in ART ceremonies that support Program delivery flow, e.g. ART sync, Scrum of Scrums, inspect and adapt, etc.
• Support the Agile team’s efforts to continuously improve collaboration and relationships with other teams.
• Help coordinate inter-team cooperation and communication for all team members (may be geographically distributed)
• Build trust, and work collaboratively with all levels and areas of the organization
• Work with the extended Scrum Master community, including Release Train Engineers, to increase the effectiveness of SAFe across the enterprise
• Provide support for Agile Team/ART forecasting, estimating, and capacity planning
• Support DevOps practices, continuous deployment pipeline and release activities.
Skills & Abilities
• Coaching, facilitation, and training skills
• Ability to manage timeboxes and facilitate productive events
• Ability to influence others, and to maintain persistence in the face of obstacles
• Understanding of SAFe and Agile principles and practices at a team and program level.
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to guide people and groups through problem solving
• Ability to recognize when team is making decisions that impact overall release train direction and escalate as appropriate.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, to many levels and areas of the company
• Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrixed organization
• Ability to lead teams, gain trust, and create an emphasis on continuous improvement
Education & Experience
• Minimum of one year experience as a Scrum Master on one or more Agile teams
• Experience with teams using Lean/Agile practices, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, ScrumXP, etc.
• Preferred knowledge of concepts and practices for scaling agile
• Preferred experience with Jira and Jira Align
• Preferred Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification
• Preferred SAFe Agilest, or other SAFe/Agile/Lean certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records