|Location||Elk Grove Village, IL|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2021|
Long Term Contract, 12+ Months
The Senior Scrum Master is to be a champion of the Agile framework for the product teams and the organization; remove the impediments that affect the eCommerce team’s ability to deliver more value in the increment that is developed in a Sprint and shepherd the team to deliver iteratively and incrementally. The Scrum Master role is intended to help the Product Owner stay focused on what is most valuable for the business and the Development Team to maximize the value they deliver for each Sprint using proper development techniques
- Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other Agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team
- Remove barriers and impediments for product development teams
- Coach team members on Scrum and agile best practices
- Participate and contribute to product roadmap and release plans
- Govern the “Definition of Done” process to ensure product and engineering goals are being fulfilled, including, but not limited to: automated test results, security test results, automated CI and CD results and contractual deliverables. Work with the product development teams to address gaps in fulfilling “Done”.
- Work in Agile teams directly with product managers and business analysts to complete functionality in new and existing applications.
- Grow the Agile Center of Excellence by conducting webinars, training, workshops and presentations.
- May at times assist in the following Development functions: o Maintain, and support mission-critical applications while working closely with team members to provide project and ongoing operational support for applications.
- Participate in support rotation and troubleshoot production issues to insure the continued operations of the business.
- Solutions Development (Functional Requirements/Design): Translates Business Requirements in Functional Requirements and Design
- Implementation of Solution (Coding & Unit Testing): Takes Functional Requirements and Designs and Implements the Solution
- Maintenance/Support: Supports the software that was developed
- Innovation/Trends: Continuously Innovates and Follows Industry Trends
- Customer Service/Relationship Management: Stays connected to the business
- Vendor Management: Stays connected to the vendors
- CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP or SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master
- Kanban Management Professional Certification
- Must have 4-5+ years serving as an active Scrum Master in a software development environment
- Experience working successfully with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with multiple teams including geographically dispersed teams in organizations with hybrid fulltime and outsourced resources models using Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming
- Prior experience using JIRA, Azure Devops and other issue tracking
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices
- High-level understanding of technical issues
- Experience conducting training for large groups on Agile and working with Product management in back log management strategies
- Experience working with SAFE, Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential
- Outstanding communication and collaboration with personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse personality types
Category Code: JN008