|Date Posted||September 1, 2021|
Job ID: 102506
The Leonardo DRS Land Electronics business provides C4I Network computing and integrated situational awareness, as well as state-of-the-art embedded diagnostics, vehicle power management and combat vehicle integration products and services.
The Scrum Master is responsible for helping the organization understand Scrum theory and practice, while facilitating the work to deliver new or updated software and ensuring development efforts are executed with Agile based practices. In this role, the Scrum Master will have a passion for software development and a desire to drive programs from concepts through fielding. In addition, the Scrum Master is a leader who serves the Scrum Teams and the larger organization in numerous ways, to include:
- Coaching the team members in self-management and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done;
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress;
- Ensuring that all Scrum ceremonies take place and are positive, productive, and provide a constructive feedback loop;
- Employing techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
- Encouraging the Scrum Team to write clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Measuring team velocity and quantifying team capacity to improve project estimation;
- Facilitating Stakeholder and Product Owner collaboration as requested or needed.
- Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Agile process adoption;
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization; and,
- Actively maintaining sprint scope by negotiating the addition or removal of sprint items.
- Guiding teams and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Guiding the team through self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by working with other organizational leaders to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Scrum Master certification
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: Epics, User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Automated Testing, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of Burndown techniques and Retrospective formats
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge of the products and typical technologies applied to Ground Combat vehicles is a plus
- Previous experience as a developer for software or firmware used in custom electronic devices is a plus
- Previous experience as a developer for software or firmware used in networking and communications devices is a plus
- Previous experience as a Software team lead is a plus
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- BSCS, BSCE or BSEE with 7+ years of industry experience
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL