|Date Posted||September 14, 2021|
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Scrum Master (Journeyman)
This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work in a Government IC environment. The Scrum Master will be responsible for one or more agile development teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. The Scrum Master helps educate the team in scrum to ensure that the agreed agile process are being followed. They also help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master ensures the team commitments at the Program Increment Planning Event (PIPE) are met. Finally, this role facilitates horizontal communication across team member to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is making progress against its Program Increment commitments.
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI..
- Helps removes impediments for the team and raises larger issues to the Release Train Engineer.
- Help other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; support team in meeting their delivery goals.
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules.
- Helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
- Works with the Product Leadership Team to review and prioritize features.
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, PI planning, etc.
- Work with Agile Team Lead to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria.
- Supervise others
- Experience working as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer or Product Owner
- Significant experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Experience supervising others
- Requires BS degree and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- SAFe Agile Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
- Understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with collaboration tools including Jira/Confluence and Rocketchat
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: