|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2021|
Information About this Position
Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience as a Scrum Master.
Company and Job Overview
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
The Scrum Master works closely with the product owner in setting the product vision and leading the discussions for minimum viable product (MVP), sprint assignments and achieving business outcomes. This role ensures timely delivery of committed work in each sprint, manages sprint velocity-related metrics, act as a translator & conduit between Product and Technology teams to ensure proper translation of user stories into granular tasks ready for development, run key agile ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retros. This role plays a lead role in fulfilling the vision, driving the implementation of products and setting standards for our teams to follow.
- Facilitate and lead project and feature development through cross functional teams. Product artifacts such as project plans, dashboards/status reports, deployment plans. Facilitate sprint ceremonies, release and sprint planning sessions. Sprint review (demo) and sprint retrospective. Participates in Scrum of Scrums to highlight dependencies and cross functional implications.
- Ensure identified risks and issues are actioned and resolved by the accountable team, minimize or eliminate impediments to progress or schedule. Escalate when necessary.
- Partner closely with product owners, developers, testing teams, other technology staff as well as the Agile Coach. Ensure the team follows agile methods and practices. Track and communicate various metrics per team including velocity and sprint/release progress. Communicate and articulate clearly to all levels of the organization. Understand and drive the team to achieve the business outcomes that are identified and measured.
- Collaborate with the product owner to maintain the backlog, prioritization and ensure the minimum viable product (MVP).
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years of experience
- Agile Certified
- Professional Scrum Master/Certified Scrum Master
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years years of experience
- <2 years of supervisory experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer