|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
Position: Scrum Master
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 8 Months to start
- Act as Scrum Master on multiple scrum teams
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving visibility, transparency, and radiating information
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile framework and scrum practices
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, backlog refinement, stand-ups, team communications, and decision making with the team
- Help the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction and provide education where needed
- Lead the scrum and development teams to become self-organized
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Planning and tracking Beta Testing and User Acceptance Testing in partnership with Product Owners
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction with a, “Find a way to get it done” attitude
- 5 years technology related industry experience
- 3 years of experience leading or managing technical teams directly as a Scrum Master or Program Manager
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details
- Ability to troubleshoot details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Ability to triage scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing.
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques is a plus: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Familiarity with .Net technologies and Azure DevOps.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.