|Date Posted||October 12, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Scrum Master to work in the Workplace Investing business unit in Durham, NC.
You will part of team that is key to help grow Fidelity’s Defined Benefit (Pension Plan Administration) business. In addition to working on client projects, you will participate in technology transformation initiatives to incorporate the newest technologies and improve product features
As a Scrum Master you blend deep scrum expertise with a passion for mentoring and coaching, and constant improvement. As part of technology Squad focused on implementing new clients and supporting projects for existing clients you will advise, mentor, coach and train on performance against agile values, practices and processes to accelerate squad value delivery. In partnership with the Squad Leaders / Business Project Managers, you will maintain a backlog, help to remove impediments and facilitate agile ceremonies such as the daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives. You will have responsibility for release management coordination and participate in scaling ceremonies and activities as you manage interdependencies across squads and product areas. You will examine and drive team performance through metrics and find opportunities for the squad to fully realize the benefits of working in an agile structure
- Working with squad and chapter leaders to enable delivery of the squad's mission through well-executed sprints
- Accelerating overall squad performance, efficiency and value delivered by engaging within and across squads to find opportunities to improve agile maturity and metrics, and providing coaching, training and resources
- Maintaining and updating squad performance metrics (e.g., burn-down charts) and artifacts to ensure accurate and clear feedback to the squad members and transparency to other partners
- Managing, coordinating logistics for and participating in agile events (e.g., backlog prioritization, sprint planning, daily meetings, retrospectives and as appropriate, scrum of scrum masters)
The Expertise we’re looking for
- Deep experience in software development, with at least 4 years managing sophisticated IT projects/initiatives as an agile scrum master.
- Continuous improvement attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master required
- Hands on experience managing and coordinating large-scale technology initiatives, including planning, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading, influencing and collaborating in a matrix-managed environment and across multiple, diverse groups.
- Ability to optimally deliver large-scale product initiatives by empowering and supporting your team and by helping to identify and remove impediments.
- Ability to analyze business problems and come up with solutions
- Have a collaboration approach to problem solving and your ability to adapt plans based on organizational dynamics and constraints.
- Ability to prioritize and present ideas and information logically and concisely in a variety of ways (verbally, written, power-point, stories) and to a variety of audiences, including both technical and non-technical individuals.
- In this role, you will be accountable for the successful delivery of greenfield, cloud application features and functions, including analysis, design, development, quality assurance and production release.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.