|Location||Woodland Hills, CA|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2021|
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Scrum Master for our client in the Consulting domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: 100% Remote
Role: Scrum Master
Primary Skills: Scrum/Project Management
Role Description: The Scrum Master must have at least 7+ years of experience. In this role you must consistently demonstrate the qualities of a servant leader and enable teams to deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices.
You will cultivate a culture of trust, promote decentralized decision making and advance the development of self-organizing teams. You will effectively facilitate all Agile ceremonies and enable progress toward team Iteration and Program Increment objectives.
You must coordinate with other internal and external teams to resolve dependencies, identify and eliminate impediments, and facilitate flow. As a Scrum Mater, you must focus on continually improving team dynamics and performance.
You will help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and exploit opportunities for team growth. You must provide ongoing coaching and of the Lean-Agile Principles and ensure teams maintain a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience; SAFe Certified Scrum Master or obtain within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Agile environment or 4+ years of experience in a project environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Scrum Master role or 1 year in Scrum Master Level I or 4+ years’ experience in servant leader role.
- Able to lead moderately complex teams - work has routine external team impact or dependencies: value stream is well defined and may have multiple system integration points.
- Able to eliminate impediments and resolve issues with occasional support from Release Train Engineer or other resources.
- Able to resolve and manage dependencies with occasional guidance from Release Train Engineer or other resources.
- Has intermediate coaching capabilities - able to coach on practices and procedures, soft-skills and Lean Agile mind-set.
- Demonstrates ongoing thirst for knowledge and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Creates an environment for continuous learning.
- Able to build high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team level
- Demonstrates strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to identify SAFe anti-patterns and resolve with occasional support.
- Intermediate knowledge of Kanban, Scrum and XP
- Intermediate knowledge of tools used in Agile (e.g., Rally)
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge and experience with Behavior Driven Development and Test-Driven Development.
- Ability to apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching for a single team
- Basic to Intermediate experience using tools to create metrics that measure and report on team performance, backlog health and continuous improvement
- Ability to organize and lead a Community of Practice
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 7+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Sandeep Pal
Recruiter Phone: 763-296-3886
Equal Employment Opportunity