|Date Posted||November 2, 2021|
CGI is seeking a talented Scrum Master to join our team. You will be involved in mission critical projects for our clients, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions. Take your talent to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Scrum Master's job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. Scrum Masters facilitate daily stand-ups and support the team in following the Scrum delivery process. Scrum Master also handles traditional project management duties including scope definition, staffing, communication of status to clients and partners, budget oversight, and risk/issue management. Additionally, they often author user stories, acceptance criteria and execute a portion of the testing on projects.
• Serve the team and product owner in turning requirements into the working software.
• Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments. Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified work with the team to develop corrective actions.
• Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing, and financials.
• Extract and document requirements. Author user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Ensure team members understand processes and support the team in following them.
• Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team. Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
• Work with the technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise.
• Remove impediments allowing the team to focus on engineering tasks.
• Take the lead on resolving conflicts within the team removing any roadblocks to collaboration.
• Guide project team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum, and sprint review meetings.
• Facilitate retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts.
• Limit the external interference the team must deal with.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Degree - information technology or business or related field
• Exceptional people skills. Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serving as an arbitrator when conflicts arise.
• Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work.
• Practical understanding of how to scope and estimate work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 3+ years of experience serving as Scrum Master.
• Experience in a SAFe Agile environment will be a plus.
• Prior experience as a Business Analyst and/or Tester helpful, not required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Scrum Master