|Date Posted||November 3, 2021|
The Select Group is seeking a Scrum Master to join the team of one of our banking clients in Charlotte, NC. This is a 12+ mo contract, starting remote, though this person would likely go onsite a few days a week starting in the spring of 2022.
SCRUM MASTER REQUIREMENTS
- 3-6 years Scrum Master experience - the more companies they work with, that's better. Wider range of experience - rather than just one company with one team for 3 years. Could be working on different teams within the same company.
- Have worked with at least 3 different teams (not simultaneously, just over time) - different techniques, product owners, developers, and managers.
- Experience applying concepts and techniques from various agile approaches including Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Understanding of various scaling approaches such as SAFe, LeSS, DAD or Scrum at Scale
- Financial Services background preferable. Mortgage or insurance background could work.
SCRUM MASTER REPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible
- Support and coach 1-2 software development team's day-in and out
- Is a Servant Leader to the team who steers away from Command and Control style leadership
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies, specifically Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retro and Sprint Review/Demo sessions for the teams
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with Product Owner and stakeholders
- Involves team in identifying and removing impediments and known risks continuously
- Helps to establish and maintain a culture of self-organization and self-accountability amongst the team
- Ensures cross-team and inter-team transparency and communication
- Guides the team through aggregating, providing and acting on meaningful feedback
- Participates in identifying and establishing Agile and team guidelines and best practices
- Actively try to identify and act on areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
- Assist in guiding the organization as a whole, not just the delivery teams, on how to utilize Agile practices to drive value and delight customers
- Supports the Product Owner(s) especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the backlog