|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Scrum Master to work in the Workplace Consulting Group in Durham, NC.
As a Scrum Master you blend deep Scrumban expertise with a passion for mentoring and coaching, and constant improvement. As part of a highly collaborative team you will advise, mentor, coach and train on performance against values, practices and processes to accelerate team delivery. In partnership with the consultants you will maintain a backlog, bookings, help to remove impediments and facilitate cadence ceremonies such as the daily stand up, project planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives. You will have responsibility for booking of resources and participate in scaling ceremonies and activities as you manage interdependencies across teams and products. You will examine and drive team performance through metrics and explore opportunities for the team to fully realize the benefits of working in a Scrumban structure.
The Fidelity Workplace Consulting Group is composed of over 350 professionals who support clients on the management of their domestic benefits. We are a fast-growing business within Fidelity, providing a broad range of services that touch on every area of benefits design, strategy, funding, communication, and delivery. While we focus on working with the Fortune 1000, we also work with Fidelity clients of all sizes.
Data Consulting engages in data quality improvement efforts that span single and multiple product lines (i.e. Health and Welfare, Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, Stock Plan Services and HR/Payroll) within the implementation and ongoing servicing client lifecycle.
Scrum Master will support two or more multi-functional teams within Data Consulting, engaging with various members of the team and the management team to reinforce and embed a lean management approach in the day-to-day work. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and engaged leadership behaviors, you will evolve and sustain an innovative culture.
The Expertise You Have
- Certified Scrum Master or SAFE Agilist
- Should have at least 2+ years working with Kanban or Scrumban projects
- Experience using Jira, Mural and MS Teams
- Experience with Confluence and Sharepoint is a plus
- Experience working as a kanban team member. Scrum Master experience preferred.
- Nice to have will be Defined Benefits, Defined Contributions, Stock plan services experience
The Skills You Bring
- Possess superb communication and social skills and can rapidly build trust and positively influence others at all levels of the organization
- Proven change agent capable of mentoring Scrumban practices to teams and individuals from across different functions, experiences and geographies as they work through new and unfamiliar situations
- An effective facilitator and can brainstorm with the team to generate solutions that address challenges and roadblocks to support timely project delivery
- An intellectual curiosity and passion for developing new skills and modeling a culture of continuous learning, mentoring and coaching
- Ability to drive and prioritize projects and product work through a Kanban process flow+
The Value You Deliver
- Working collaboratively with leaders to enable delivery of the teams projects through well controlled work flows
- Accelerating overall team performance, efficiency and value delivered and find opportunities to improve work flow maturity and metrics, and providing mentorship, training and resources
- Maintaining and updating team performance metrics (e.g., WIP) and artifacts to ensure accurate and clear feedback to the team members and clarity to other partners
- Managing, coordinating logistics for and participating in team ceremonies (e.g., backlog prioritization, team planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and as appropriate, scrum of scrum masters)
- Supporting adoption, and consistent use of enabling tools (e.g., Jira, Mural, MS Teams)
- Ability to maintain project prioritization across a large spectrum of unique and specialized products and workflows.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.