|Date Posted||December 29, 2021|
Lennar is looking to add a Scrum Master to one of its active IT Scrum Teams. This individual will be responsible for realizing the full potential of Scrum by facilitating meetings including all the Scrum ceremonies, removing impediments, and resolving conflicts. The individual will lead the delivery process of internal and outsourced projects that are aligned with the business objectives from project initiation to transition to operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Own full alignment across dependent teams, managing risks and dependencies to ensuring delivery alignment
- Resolves team impediments to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and escalates potential risks and blockers to assure visibility and awareness as soon as possible.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Work with Business Systems Analysts and Product Owner understand business requirements and assure that they have provided the definition of done and stories are broken down into smaller features or functions driving towards the delivery of working software faster or MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Advanced expertise in project and program management methods, techniques and tools
- Quickly grasps technical and business concepts
- Investigates project / product related issues impacting project progress and deliverables
Education and Experience
- 10+ years experience with project management/Scrum, enterprise environment preferred
- Master’s degree preferred or multiple certifications (such as PSM, CSM, or PMP)
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Influences / drives accountability across teams
- Consultative; leverages effective working relationships to drive strategy
- Advocates and leads change cross-functionally
- Advises others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Sensitive and responsive to internal and external needs; maintains a positive attitude, optimizes solutions across teams
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions to problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking
- Actively engages diverse groups and promotes teamwork cross-functionally
- Sees big picture; promotes critical and systemic thinking while proactively managing risks and mitigation strategies
- Understands the value of diverse groups working together
Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. 10-20% of travel is required.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.