|Published||January 5, 2022|
CGI is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to act as a servant leader and coach for the Agile team. The Scrum Master will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master assists the Agile team in meeting their delivery goals and facilitates both team and program level events such as the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, and Retrospective while ensuring compliance with the program's processes.
The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Coach the Agile team and program through Agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Guide the team on how to maximize self-organization
• Ensure the team is self-organizing
• Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and coach the team to contribute to relentless improvement of the overall program
• Remove impediments and coach the team to remove impediments
• Build and maintain a high performing team by improving team dynamics and coaching the team in self-management
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiating information
• Support the Product Owner in managing the team backlog and foster a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's Degree
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
• 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment
• Ability to quickly build rapport and keep a positive and motivated team environment
• Top Secret SCI required, with ability to obtain CI Poly
TS/SCI with CI poly preferred
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, and be willing to provide proof of status. Accommodations for medical and religious beliefs or practices may be provided. Current effective date is December 8th, 2021.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Agile Architecture
- SAFe Agilist
- Scrum Master
- Certified ScrumMaster