|Published||January 6, 2022|
25 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is mutual
For over 100 years Amica has been at the forefront of a mission to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships. We do that with our customers, our coworkers, and the communities around us. It isn’t enough just to say it though. We act on that responsibility, and we need great people to help us fulfill our mission.
Insurance presents a unique opportunity for agile teams to work together to make a direct impact on the lives of our customers. To help deliver an unmatched user experience, we’re looking for a Scrum Master with a focus on servant leadership and coaching for our scrum teams. You’ll guide the team in scrum tools and values, keeping agile principles in focus as cross-functional teams align to deliver customer value. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills and expand upon them as you work to remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics and continuous improvement.
Our scrum teams work to understand project requirements, customer pain points and user insights as they build and influence the design of everything our users interact with. We’ll provide you the tools, and the Agile environment to succeed. You'll be immersed in teamwork, consistently collaborating as you focus on problems and users rather than shortsighted solutions. Get ready to be part of something great.
- Lead multiple scrum teams on complex initiatives
- Oversee scrum processes and coach interdepartmental teams while promoting the use of Scrum and Agile best practices and methodology
- Facilitate transparency and adoption of Scrum
- Organize and facilitate Agile ceremonies, coach team on identifying improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality, while mitigating risk and dependencies
- Use agile methods to track and communicate overall team progress
- Remove or facilitate removal of impediments to progress as identified by teams
- Protect teams from outside influences to ensure they remain focused on team and business priorities
- Partner with the product owners to ensure backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team
- Demonstrate strong servant leadership skills through behaviors and coaching
- Actively engage with scrum Masters, Talent Managers and other leaders to continuously assess and improve the Agile practice and Agile maturity across programs and the CIS organization at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
- Attend training and/or industry seminars as appropriate, to stay abreast of current technologies, trends and directions
- Coach and mentor other Scrum Masters to encourage consistent, core best practices across the teams
- Pursue professional designations, such as Advanced Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Practitioner – Scrum Master, if not previously accredited
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Minimum of 3 years of Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Able to make timely decisions and solve problems in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment
- Comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
- Able to relate well with others and quickly build relationships
- Capable of effectively breaking down, prioritizing, scoping length and difficulty, and managing multiple competing tasks.
- Working knowledge of Agile techniques: user stories, ceremonies, burn-down metrics, velocity etc.
- Able to work independently, showing judgement and initiative in order to accomplish job duties.
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Capable of leading multiple scrum teams.
- Domain knowledge and/or experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- Experience with agile tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus.
- Professional designations – PSM or CSM designation preferred.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
- Negotiable salary based on experience and proficiency with associated tools
- Relocation may apply
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.