|Published||January 6, 2022|
Our Infrastructure and Commercial IT Apps team is looking for a talented Scrum Master to lead specific projects within our Infrastructure and Commercial IT program. This position will require implementing and deploying next-generation Infrastructure platforms, IAAS and DevOps.
This position will be responsible for managing several concurrent, high-visibility projects in a fast-paced environment that crosses multiple business units and IT Groups. The Scrum Master will be responsible for integrated planning across multiple teams, coaching and mentoring the agile squads, driving agile adoption consistency and transparency, managing logistical challenges and cross-team dependencies, removing impediments, and department communications. The scrum master will collaborate with Product Owners, other scrum masters, the team, solutions engineers, architects, and management to define and drive solutions.
This position requires high organization, planning and leadership skills, along with a diverse skillset in soft skills and delivery excellence. The Scrum Master shall also possess strong communication and change management skills and be able to drive completion of work independently and within a team.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead more than one scrum team in moderate to high complexity projects. Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
- Facilitate daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement with a focus on growing the capabilities of all team members.
- Helps manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- Works with the Product Owner(s) to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shields the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipates and addresses potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Mentor junior Scrum Masters and coach team members on Agile practices.
- Ability to tailor information to the audience - from detail to broad summaries and technical to business focused
- Accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget and scope with expected business outcome
- Ensure project goals are in line with IT strategy and business objectives
- Build a cohesive, high-performing project team to achieve results
- Oversee the sharing and prioritization of resources among projects
- Provide input and improvements to the IT PMO process
- Coach and mentor junior staff
Looking for local candidates to work onsite/remote.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts. High competency in Jira and Confluence is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder expectations, lead discussions, and get business stakeholders buy-in to solution proposals
- Ensures Scrum practices, theories, and techniques are understood, enacted, and followed. Guides and empowers delivery teams to self-organize, within constraints of Scrum and project goals. Facilitates building working agreements with others.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving, organizational, presentation skills, analytical & critical thinking skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Proven track record of delivery medium and high complexity projects and programs identifying, and leading continuous improvement as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Ability to proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to lead others during ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain stakeholder trust and confidence
- Ability to influence others without having direct authority over them
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master within enterprise IT Infrastructure with a track record of managing medium, complex projects in a medical device or life sciences vertical.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Experience in mid to large size global organizations is preferred but not required
- Experience within a medical device or life sciences organization is preferred but not required
- Master's degree a plus
- In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with 4+ years' experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
- Scrum Master Certification from Scrum Alliance highly desired.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future