|Published||April 27, 2022|
|Job Type||Contract to Hire|
Title: Scrum Master
Job ID: 22-05298
Location: 100% remote position
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
Leader and coach for one agile team, typically within an agile program utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Acts as the first line of escalation for the agile team by removing obstacles and mitigating outside distractions. Assesses the agile maturity of the team. Collaborates with others outside the team, removes impediments, helps manage risk and drives relentless improvement. Manages team ceremonies and processes. Works with product owners to define priorities, manage product backlog and prepare upcoming sprints. Facilitates discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution. Assists with internal and external communication to improve transparency and information sharing.
- Coaches teams on agile and scrum practices to improve team delivery.
- Removes obstacles that are impeding the team’s progress and mitigates outside distractions.
- Schedules and facilitates team ceremonies.
- Coordinates with other scrum masters, other non-agile teams, and shared services during Program Increment (PI) Planning events.
- Works with the Release Train Engineer to ensure the Agile Release Train meets its overall PI objectives. Works with product owners (PO) and product managers to ensure that the team is working on the right priorities.
- Assists the PO in preparing and refining the backlog for PI and Iteration Planning.
- Stay’s up to date on current agile practices and ensures team members are trained and processes are implemented appropriately.
- Leverages project management tools and skillsets, when necessary, to assure visibility and successful execution of agile team’s work that may need to leverage traditional project management frameworks.